Updated May 10, 2014 - 12:57 pm
Experts react to the Cardinals' selection of QB Logan Thomas
But Thomas fits the mold of what Arians typically likes in his quarterbacks, and he's a physical freak though he has shown limited production on the field.
Here's how some NFL Draft experts and media members reacted to the selection:
The Logan Thomas lesson being, your actual performance in games is largely irrelevant if you're tall & athletic enough.— Stewart Mandel (@slmandel) May 10, 2014
Can't remember last time a quarterback as inaccurate as Logan Thomas succeeded as a pro QB.— Bill Barnwell (@billbarnwell) May 10, 2014
If anyone can make Logan Thomas a QB, you'd think it was Arians. And again, there are other options as a position if it doesn't work.— Darren Urban (@Cardschatter) May 10, 2014
Logan Thomas is theoretical system fit in Bruce Arians vertical O. Huge arm, massive hands (10 7/8"). 55.5 college completion rate, however.— Evan Silva (@evansilva) May 10, 2014
This could be the end of the Ryan Lindley era in Arizona. Cards didn't draft Thomas if they didn't think he could win at least 3rd spot.— Josh Weinfuss (@joshweinfuss) May 10, 2014
You get Logan Thomas working with Arians and the quarterback whisperer, Tom Moore, over a year and he might end up being pretty good.— Josh Weinfuss (@joshweinfuss) May 10, 2014
#Cards take Logan Thomas. This will be an interesting project over next 3 yrs. Huge guy. Big arm. Moves well.Terrific kid.. accuracy?— Bruce Feldman (@BruceFeldmanCFB) May 10, 2014
The biggest knock against Logan Thomas is his head. He's had accuracy issues but he has all the tools to be an NFL quarterback.— Josh Weinfuss (@joshweinfuss) May 10, 2014
"The ball comes out of his hands beautifully." Well yeah, but then it ends up in the other team's hands.— Stewart Mandel (@slmandel) May 10, 2014
#Cardinals grab QB Logan Thomas in the 4th round. Woah. Guy has great tools, but is very, VERY raw.— Adam Green (@theAdamGreen) May 10, 2014
Logan Thomas is less about production than he is potential. Cardinals think they can "fix" him. I'm not convinced but I am intrigued.— Paola Boivin (@PaolaBoivin) May 10, 2014
If you feel like you have no big holes to fill and want a project QB, no passer in this draft offers as much upside as Logan Thomas.— Adam Green (@theAdamGreen) May 10, 2014
- Cardinals' Dockett: Peterson will 'definitely be a future Hall of Famer'
- Former Cardinals quarterback Kurt Warner thankful for patience of fans, organization
- Notes from the Nest: July 30, 2014
- Arizona Cardinals to host Fan Fest this weekend
- All-Access with Bruce Arians: Extra points experiment will be fun, may add excitement
- Paul Fanaika, Arizona Cardinals offensive guard - Wednesday July 30The Arizona Cardinals’ offensive guard Paul Fanaika joins the show to discuss training camp.
- Kurt Warner, NFL Network analyst - Wednesday July 30NFL Network analyst Kurt Warner discusses Arizona Cardinals' training camp.
- Patrick Peterson, Arizona Cardinals cornerback - Wednesday July 30Arizona Cardinals' defensive cornerback Patrick Peterson discusses his new contract extension.
- Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Wednesday July 30Johnny Manziel struggles in practice.
- Pete Prisco- CBS NFL Analyst - Wednesday July 30Pete Prisco talks about the top cornerbacks in the NFL.