Updated May 10, 2014 - 11:43 am
Arizona Cardinals select QB Logan Thomas in 4th round of NFL Draft
The Cardinals selected former Virginia Tech signal-caller Logan Thomas with the No. 120 overall pick, making him the sixth quarterback taken in the draft.
"I had a pretty good idea I had a chance to go to the Cardinals, and really it's what I was hoping," Thomas said on a conference call with the media after his selection.
"It just felt right from the very beginning."
Thomas, a 6-foot-6, 260-pounder, is off the charts athletically and physically, but his on-field performance has been somewhat lacking.
He tossed 16 touchdowns and 13 interceptions as a senior, completing 56.5 percent of his passes. Thomas is the seventh quarterback drafted out of Virgina Tech, and the first since Michael Vick in 2001.
Thomas, out of Arians' alma mater, underwent a workout with the Cardinals on campus earlier this offseason. Thomas fits the Arians profile of big-bodied, strong-armed, athletic quarterbacks.
"For me, I couldn't have gone into a better situation," Thomas said.
Thomas created some NFL Draft buzz after his sophomore season, in which he completed almost 60 percent of his passes with 19 touchdowns and 10 interceptions, but his growth seemed to stall from there.
"What being a quarterback comes down to is throwing an accurate ball," Thomas said. "This offseason I could really go refine some things. I feel really good about it and I'm excited to take some steps."
- Paul Fanaika, Arizona Cardinals offensive guard - Wednesday July 30The Arizona Cardinals’ offensive guard Paul Fanaika joins the show to discuss training camp.
- Kurt Warner, NFL Network analyst - Wednesday July 30NFL Network analyst Kurt Warner discusses Arizona Cardinals' training camp.
- Patrick Peterson, Arizona Cardinals cornerback - Wednesday July 30Arizona Cardinals' defensive cornerback Patrick Peterson discusses his new contract extension.
- Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Wednesday July 30Johnny Manziel struggles in practice.
- Pete Prisco- CBS NFL Analyst - Wednesday July 30Pete Prisco talks about the top cornerbacks in the NFL.