Updated May 10, 2014 - 11:43 am
Arizona Cardinals select QB Logan Thomas in 4th round of NFL Draft
The Cardinals selected former Virginia Tech signal-caller Logan Thomas with the No. 120 overall pick, making him the sixth quarterback taken in the draft.
"I had a pretty good idea I had a chance to go to the Cardinals, and really it's what I was hoping," Thomas said on a conference call with the media after his selection.
"It just felt right from the very beginning."
Thomas, a 6-foot-6, 260-pounder, is off the charts athletically and physically, but his on-field performance has been somewhat lacking.
He tossed 16 touchdowns and 13 interceptions as a senior, completing 56.5 percent of his passes. Thomas is the seventh quarterback drafted out of Virgina Tech, and the first since Michael Vick in 2001.
Thomas, out of Arians' alma mater, underwent a workout with the Cardinals on campus earlier this offseason. Thomas fits the Arians profile of big-bodied, strong-armed, athletic quarterbacks.
"For me, I couldn't have gone into a better situation," Thomas said.
Thomas created some NFL Draft buzz after his sophomore season, in which he completed almost 60 percent of his passes with 19 touchdowns and 10 interceptions, but his growth seemed to stall from there.
"What being a quarterback comes down to is throwing an accurate ball," Thomas said. "This offseason I could really go refine some things. I feel really good about it and I'm excited to take some steps."
- Forbes: Larry Fitzgerald among most overpaid players in NFL
- Notes from the Nest: Aug. 20, 2014
- Cardinals linebacker Lorenzo Alexander defends Daniel Snyder but thinks Redskins should change name
- New Arizona Cardinals defensive lineman Isaac Sopoaga thrown right into the mix
- Arizona Cardinals' Tyrann Mathieu practices for the first time this season
- Lyle Sendlein, Cardinals center - Wednesday August 20Lyle Sendlein talks about coming back from his injury and the loss of Darnell Dockett.
- Jake Plummer- Former Cardinals and Sun Devils quarterback - Wednesday August 20Jake Plummer says Johnny Manziel is just passionate about the game of football.
- Lorenzo Alexander- Cardinals linebacker - Wednesday August 20Lorenzo Alexander discusses having to step up to fill the voids left by injuries and free agents lea
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday August 20The NFL has a new problem on their hands, and it has to do with the Redskins.
- Larry Fitzgerald, AZ Cardinals WR - Wednesday August 20Doug & Wolf ask Fitz about the Cardinals offense and about his future in Arizona.