Updated May 10, 2014 - 2:21 am
Arizona Cardinals' third-round pick John Brown: By The Numbers
Brown, a standout at Division II Pittsburg State, was taken by Arizona with the No. 91 overall pick Friday.
Here's a look at the speedy wideout by the numbers:
3 Part I:
Brown isn't just a dynamic receiver, he's also a leader. The third-round pick was a three-time captain at the collegiate level.
3 Part II:
In each of his three years at Pittsburg State, Brown was named a Division II All-American.
Brown was the second-fastest guy at the NFL Combine in February. The 5-foot-11 wide receiver ran a 4.34-second time in the 40-yard dash.
The Florida native became the ninth Pittsburg State to have his name called during the NFL Draft.
The last Pittsburg State player taken in the NFL Draft was running back Ronald Moore back in 1993. The team that took him was the Phoenix Cardinals.
In 2011, Brown was a key part of the Gorillas' national championship team -- making him the only player of the Cardinals' first four taken in the 2014 Draft to win a title.
Although he played at the DII level, Brown's production was remarkable regardless of the competition. He left Pittsburg State with 185 career catches for 3,300 yards and 32 touchdowns.
- Forbes: Larry Fitzgerald among most overpaid players in NFL
- Notes from the Nest: Aug. 20, 2014
- Cardinals linebacker Lorenzo Alexander defends Daniel Snyder but thinks Redskins should change name
- New Arizona Cardinals defensive lineman Isaac Sopoaga thrown right into the mix
- Arizona Cardinals' Tyrann Mathieu practices for the first time this season
- Lyle Sendlein, Cardinals center - Wednesday August 20Lyle Sendlein talks about coming back from his injury and the loss of Darnell Dockett.
- Jake Plummer- Former Cardinals and Sun Devils quarterback - Wednesday August 20Jake Plummer says Johnny Manziel is just passionate about the game of football.
- Lorenzo Alexander- Cardinals linebacker - Wednesday August 20Lorenzo Alexander discusses having to step up to fill the voids left by injuries and free agents lea
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday August 20The NFL has a new problem on their hands, and it has to do with the Redskins.
- Larry Fitzgerald, AZ Cardinals WR - Wednesday August 20Doug & Wolf ask Fitz about the Cardinals offense and about his future in Arizona.