Updated May 9, 2014 - 8:29 pm
Cardinals snag defensive end Kareem Martin with the No. 84 pick in the 2014 NFL Draft
With the No. 84 pick, the Cardinals snagged defensive end Kareem Martin out of North Carolina.
Though with Arizona, he may be asked to play the Will linebacker.
"For us, the Will linebacker is really a defensive end," Cardinals head coach Bruce Arians said. "The Sam, you're just standing up and setting the edge of the defense, which he has good enough strength to do. I think he's more comfortable with his hand in the dirt, but we'll see how that goes."
A three-year starter for the Tar Heels, Martin left Chapel Hill with 45.5 tackles for a loss, 19.5 sacks and four forced fumbles.
The 2013 All-ACC first teamer closed his career with a tremendous senior campaign, recording a career-high 11.5 sacks -- good for third-best in the conference.
Martin becomes the second Tar Heel taken by the Cardinals in as many years, joining last year's No. 7 overall pick Jonathan Cooper.
"He was a great offensive lineman," Martin said of Cooper. "I got the best of him a few times, but he's just so technically-sound that he was hard to beat on a consistent basis."
- Patrick Peterson becomes highest paid CB, Richard Sherman has something to say (tweet)
- Arizona Cardinals teammates react to Patrick Peterson's contract extension
- Patrick Peterson's new contract compared to other top NFL cornerbacks
- Notes from the Nest: July 29, 2014
- Arizona Cardinals, Patrick Peterson agree on extension
- Justin Bethel, Cardinals cornerback - Tuesday July 29Justin Bethel discusses his role on special teams and how training camp has gone so far.
- Pete Prisco, Senior NFL Columnist - Tuesday July 29Senior NFL columnist for CBS Pete Prisco shares his thoughts on how the Cardinals stack against othe
- Stepfan Taylor, Cardinals running back - Tuesday July 29Cardinals running back Stepfan Taylor talks training camp and his expanded role on offense.
- Lorenzo Alexander- Cardinals linebacker - Monday July 28Lorenzo Alexander gives his take on replacing Daryl Washington and praises former teammate London Fl
- Darren Urban, Arizona Cardinals reporter - Monday July 28Cardinals reporter Darren Urban discusses team improvements and which player he thinks will have a b