Former Brophy standout Trent Murphy taken by Redskins with No. 47 pick in 2014 NFL Draft
Friday, the Washington Redskins took outside linebacker Trent Murphy out of Stanford with the No. 47 overall pick.
A Scottsdale, Ariz. native, Murphy helped lead Brophy to the Division 5A-I state title in 2009.
While at Stanford, the 6-foot-5, 261-pound linebacker found similar success, as the Cardinal went on to win their first Rose Bowl in 30 years with a victory over Wisconsin in 2013.
During his collegiate career in Palo Alto, Murphy recorded 160 tackles, 62.5 tackles for a loss, 32 sacks, 12 pass deflections and two fumbles forced.
As a senior, he led the nation in sacks (15) and was named a first-team All-Pac-12 member and a consensus All-American.
Murphy became the fifth player from Brophy to be taken in the NFL Draft.
- Arizona Cardinals begin camp with confidence and optimism
- Arizona Cardinals' Tyrann Mathieu takes another step closer to returning to the field
- Cardinals ILB Kevin Minter on trying to replace Karlos Dansby: 'It's going to be like college again'
- Carson Palmer: Arizona Cardinals need to run the football to win in the NFC West
- Carson Palmer: Arizona Cardinals are 'completely different team' from last year
- Kent Somers- AZCentral Sports - Friday July 25AZCentral Sports Cardinals beat writer Kent Somers discusses some of the challenges facing the Cardi
- Kevin Minter-Cardinals linebacker - Friday July 25Arizona Cardinals linebacker Kevin Minter discusses his new role this upcoming season.
- Bickley Blast - Friday July 25The Cardinals kick off training camp with high expectations.
- Impromptu Power Poll - Friday July 25What are the top 5 position battles for the AZ Cardinals heading into training camp?
- Carson Palmer, AZ Cardinals QB - Friday July 25Cardinals QB Carson Palmer describes the key to this offense winning games.