Former Brophy standout Trent Murphy taken by Redskins with No. 47 pick in 2014 NFL Draft
Friday, the Washington Redskins took outside linebacker Trent Murphy out of Stanford with the No. 47 overall pick.
A Scottsdale, Ariz. native, Murphy helped lead Brophy to the Division 5A-I state title in 2009.
While at Stanford, the 6-foot-5, 261-pound linebacker found similar success, as the Cardinal went on to win their first Rose Bowl in 30 years with a victory over Wisconsin in 2013.
During his collegiate career in Palo Alto, Murphy recorded 160 tackles, 62.5 tackles for a loss, 32 sacks, 12 pass deflections and two fumbles forced.
As a senior, he led the nation in sacks (15) and was named a first-team All-Pac-12 member and a consensus All-American.
Murphy became the fifth player from Brophy to be taken in the NFL Draft.
- Cardinals awarded waiver claim on OLB Thomas Keiser, waive rookie WR Walt Powell
- Bauman, Golden, Sopoaga, Hardy among Arizona Cardinals' final roster cuts
- Despite interest from Cardinals, linebacker James Harrison retires
- Arizona Cardinals coach Arians: Logan Thomas as expected, has 'a good future'
- Arizona Cardinals coach Bruce Arians confirms James Harrison interest
- Darren Urban - azcardinals.com - Friday August 29Darren Urban breaks down the latest surrounding the Cardinals' impending roster moves
- Bickley Blast - Friday August 29The Arizona Cardinals and San Diego Chargers played one of the most pointless games in NFL history l
- Bickley Blast - Thursday August 28Which Valley football team will win more games this season, the Cardinals or the Sun Devils?
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Dave Pasch - Cardinals commentator - Tuesday August 26Dave Pasch thinks Michael Floyd is a number one receiving target.