Former Brophy standout Trent Murphy taken by Redskins with No. 47 pick in 2014 NFL Draft
Friday, the Washington Redskins took outside linebacker Trent Murphy out of Stanford with the No. 47 overall pick.
A Scottsdale, Ariz. native, Murphy helped lead Brophy to the Division 5A-I state title in 2009.
While at Stanford, the 6-foot-5, 261-pound linebacker found similar success, as the Cardinal went on to win their first Rose Bowl in 30 years with a victory over Wisconsin in 2013.
During his collegiate career in Palo Alto, Murphy recorded 160 tackles, 62.5 tackles for a loss, 32 sacks, 12 pass deflections and two fumbles forced.
As a senior, he led the nation in sacks (15) and was named a first-team All-Pac-12 member and a consensus All-American.
Murphy became the fifth player from Brophy to be taken in the NFL Draft.
- Paul Fanaika, Arizona Cardinals offensive guard - Wednesday July 30The Arizona Cardinals’ offensive guard Paul Fanaika joins the show to discuss training camp.
- Kurt Warner, NFL Network analyst - Wednesday July 30NFL Network analyst Kurt Warner discusses Arizona Cardinals' training camp.
- Patrick Peterson, Arizona Cardinals cornerback - Wednesday July 30Arizona Cardinals' defensive cornerback Patrick Peterson discusses his new contract extension.
- Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Wednesday July 30Johnny Manziel struggles in practice.
- Pete Prisco- CBS NFL Analyst - Wednesday July 30Pete Prisco talks about the top cornerbacks in the NFL.