Arizona Cardinals' first-round pick Deone Bucannon: By The Numbers
With that 27th selection, the Cardinals selected safety Deone Bucannon out of Washington State.
Here's a look at Arizona's newest addition by the numbers:
Bucannon comes to the Valley with plenty of accolades. In 2013, he was named a first-team All-American and a first-team All-Pac-12 member.
This is not the first time the Cardinals have taken a player from Washington State since moving to Arizona. In the seventh round of the 1995 draft, they selected defensive tackle Chad Eaton and in 1997 they selected wide receiver Chad Carpenter in the fifth round.
At the NFL Draft Combine in Indianapolis, Bucannon ran the 40-yard dash in 4.48 seconds -- third-fastest among safeties.
During his senior season, Bucannon was tied with Rashaad Reynolds, Robert Nelson and Steven Nelson for the Pac-12 lead with six interceptions.
Out of a possible 49 career games in Pullman, the No. 27 overall pick played in all 49.
In addition to leading the conference in interceptions as a senior, Bucannon was tops in the Pac-12 with 114 total tackles.
Lauded as a hard-hitter, the 22-year-old finished with 384 career tackles at Washington State and earned the 2013 CFPA Elite Defensive Back Trophy.
Bucannon became the first safety taken by the Cardinals in the first round since they selected Ken Greene out of Washington State with No. 19 pick in the 1978 NFL Draft.
The Oakland, Calif. native also became the first Cougar to be taken in the first round since the Seattle Seahawks selected Marcus Trufant in the 2003 NFL Draft.
- Arizona Cardinals place Tyrann Mathieu and Alameda Ta'amu on PUP list
- Cardinals receive 'B' offseason grade from USA Today
- NFL.com's Rosenthal: Calais Campbell among NFL's most underrated players
- Arizona Cardinals' Andre Ellington tops ESPN list of breakout candidates
- Ron Jaworski: Arizona Cardinals' Carson Palmer 20th-best QB in NFL
- Dr. Cynthia Arnson - Immigration and Central America Expert - Tuesday July 22Why are we seeing this influx of immigrant minors?
- Mike Sando, ESPN NFL insider - Tuesday July 22ESPN NFL insider Mike Sando gives updates from around the NFC West as teams head into training camp.
- Lorenzo Alexander, AZ Cardinals linebacker - Friday July 18Cardinals linebacker Lorenzo Alexander talks about team expectations for 2014.
- John McClain, Houston Chronicle sportswriter - Friday July 11Houston Chronicle sportswriter John McClain talks about the Rockets’ offseason.
- Steve Keim, AZ Cardinals GM - Friday June 20Keim discusses his players progress so far and his anticipation of future signings.