Arizona product Taylor Lewan selected No. 11 overall by Tennessee Titans
Offensive lineman Taylor Lewan became the sixth player from Arizona to hear his name in the first round since 2003 when the Tennessee Titans selected him with the No. 11 pick in Thursday's 2014 NFL Draft.
Lewan, who played at both Cactus Shadows and Chaparral, joins the likes of Antoine Cason, Cameron Jordan, Dion Jordan, Prince Amukamara and Terrell Suggs to take their talents from the Grand Canyon State to the NFL over the last 11 years.
The former preps standout was a four-year starter at Michigan, where he was twice named the Rimington-Pace Offensive Lineman of the Year (2012 and 2013) and First-Team All-American (2012 and 2013).
With his selection, Lewan becomes to the 229th Arizona high school athlete to get drafted.
He's the fourth to play at Chaparral, and the first to come through Cactus Shadows.
- Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Wednesday July 30Johnny Manziel struggles in practice.
- Pete Prisco- CBS NFL Analyst - Wednesday July 30Pete Prisco talks about the top cornerbacks in the NFL.
- Justin Bethel, Cardinals cornerback - Tuesday July 29Justin Bethel discusses his role on special teams and how training camp has gone so far.
- Pete Prisco, Senior NFL Columnist - Tuesday July 29Senior NFL columnist for CBS Pete Prisco shares his thoughts on how the Cardinals stack against othe
- Stepfan Taylor, Cardinals running back - Tuesday July 29Cardinals running back Stepfan Taylor talks training camp and his expanded role on offense.