Arizona Cardinals GM talks about ASU's Will Sutton and Carl Bradford
Both defensive lineman Will Sutton and linebacker Carl Bradford are expected to be drafted at some point over the three-day event, likely in the second or third rounds.
Speaking at the team's Tempe training facility Thursday, Arizona Cardinals GM Steve Keim talked about the ASU stars.
"Will Sutton, to me, is a very talented guy," Keim said. "He's more of a 4-3 under tackle. Squatty, explosive, has the ability to penetrate and be a one-gap player. More quick than fast."
Sutton, the two-time Pac-12 Pat Tillman Defensive Player of the Year, accumulated 37 tackles for loss and 17 sacks over the last two seasons. His weight fluctuated and that brought questions about his motivation and readiness, but there is little denying the man's talent and ability.
"I think he's the kind of guy that has to fit in a certain type of scheme, but he certainly has a lot of value in our league," Keim said.
Then there's Bradford, a junior who is tallied 142 total tackles -- 39.5 of which were for loss -- along with 20 sacks the last two seasons.
An excellent athlete, Keim said his versatility is a major strength.
"He can play inside or outside," the GM said, noting that he could fit with the team in a variety of ways. "And he certainly is going to be a good fit on special teams because he plays like his hair's on fire.
"So he's the kind of guy, just from a passion standpoint, that you like."
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Arizona Cardinals LB John Abraham's statement
- Arizona Cardinals' Jay Feely on proposal to push PATs back: 'There's going to be a lot more injuries'
- Cardinals rookie receiver John Brown doing more than relying on physical talents in training camp
- All-Access with Bruce Arians: Brown sits out, Starks adds depth, Abraham will be in camp 'soon'
- Arizona Cardinals sign rookie free agent LB Derrell Johnson
- Tony Jefferson, Arizona Cardinals safety - Friday August 1Arizona Cardinals’ safety Tony Jefferson discusses training camp improvements.
- Bob McManaman, azcentral sports writer - Friday August 1azcentral sports writer Bob McManaman joins the show at Cardinals training camp.
- John Brown, Cardinals wide receiver - Friday August 1Cardinals rookie wide receiver John Brown says he is different from other rookies.
- Bickley Blast - Friday August 1Are the fortunes of the Arizona Cardinals changing?
- Doug & Wolf Impromptu Power Poll - Friday August 1Doug & Wolf's top 5 things to look for at Cardinals' Fan Fest.