Arizona Cardinals GM talks about ASU's Will Sutton and Carl Bradford
Both defensive lineman Will Sutton and linebacker Carl Bradford are expected to be drafted at some point over the three-day event, likely in the second or third rounds.
Speaking at the team's Tempe training facility Thursday, Arizona Cardinals GM Steve Keim talked about the ASU stars.
"Will Sutton, to me, is a very talented guy," Keim said. "He's more of a 4-3 under tackle. Squatty, explosive, has the ability to penetrate and be a one-gap player. More quick than fast."
Sutton, the two-time Pac-12 Pat Tillman Defensive Player of the Year, accumulated 37 tackles for loss and 17 sacks over the last two seasons. His weight fluctuated and that brought questions about his motivation and readiness, but there is little denying the man's talent and ability.
"I think he's the kind of guy that has to fit in a certain type of scheme, but he certainly has a lot of value in our league," Keim said.
Then there's Bradford, a junior who is tallied 142 total tackles -- 39.5 of which were for loss -- along with 20 sacks the last two seasons.
An excellent athlete, Keim said his versatility is a major strength.
"He can play inside or outside," the GM said, noting that he could fit with the team in a variety of ways. "And he certainly is going to be a good fit on special teams because he plays like his hair's on fire.
"So he's the kind of guy, just from a passion standpoint, that you like."
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Walt Powell claimed by New York Jets
- How the West Was Won - Week 1
- ESPN: Arizona Cardinals' offense will offset losses on defense, lead team to a winning record
- Cardinals awarded waiver claim on OLB Thomas Keiser, waive rookie WR Walt Powell
- Bauman, Golden, Sopoaga, Hardy among Arizona Cardinals' final roster cuts
- Darren Urban - azcardinals.com - Friday August 29Darren Urban breaks down the latest surrounding the Cardinals' impending roster moves
- Bickley Blast - Friday August 29The Arizona Cardinals and San Diego Chargers played one of the most pointless games in NFL history l
- Bickley Blast - Thursday August 28Which Valley football team will win more games this season, the Cardinals or the Sun Devils?
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Dave Pasch - Cardinals commentator - Tuesday August 26Dave Pasch thinks Michael Floyd is a number one receiving target.