Cardinals roster lacks nationally-popular jersey
On Monday, the NFL Player's Association posted its annual list of most-sold jerseys in the fiscal year and no Cardinals player was found in the top 50.
Meanwhile, the Seattle Seahawks -- their Super Bowl-winning division rivals -- placed three top jerseys in the top 12.
Russell Wilson had the top-selling jersey in the whole league, while Marshawn Lynch (7) and Richard Sherman (12) also registered high on the sales chart. Last fiscal year, Wilson's jersey was just the 19th-most sold.
Nine of the top 10 on the list were quarterbacks, in Wilson, Peyton Manning (2), Colin Kaepernick (3), Robert Griffin III (4), Aaron Rodgers (5), Tom Brady (6), Eli Manning (8), Andrew Luck (9) and Drew Brees (10).
In all, eight players from the NFC West landed on the top 50 list -- all from either the Seahawks or San Francisco 49ers.
- How the West Was Won - Week 1
- ESPN: Arizona Cardinals' offense will offset losses on defense, lead team to a winning record
- Cardinals awarded waiver claim on OLB Thomas Keiser, waive rookie WR Walt Powell
- Bauman, Golden, Sopoaga, Hardy among Arizona Cardinals' final roster cuts
- Despite interest from Cardinals, linebacker James Harrison retires
- Darren Urban - azcardinals.com - Friday August 29Darren Urban breaks down the latest surrounding the Cardinals' impending roster moves
- Bickley Blast - Friday August 29The Arizona Cardinals and San Diego Chargers played one of the most pointless games in NFL history l
- Bickley Blast - Thursday August 28Which Valley football team will win more games this season, the Cardinals or the Sun Devils?
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Dave Pasch - Cardinals commentator - Tuesday August 26Dave Pasch thinks Michael Floyd is a number one receiving target.