Arizona Cardinals pick up fifth-year option on Patrick Peterson's contract
The move will keep the three-time Pro Bowler through the 2015 season, with the final year being worth a little more than $10 million, according to AZCardinals.com's Darren Urban.
Peterson originally joined the Cardinals as the fifth pick in the 2011 NFL Draft out of LSU. In three seasons, he has intercepted 12 passes and emerged as one of the best cornerbacks in the NFL.
The 6-foot-1, 219-pound player has previously discussed his contract situation, mostly saying he'd like to sign a long-term deal but will continue to play hard until that happens.
- All-Access with Bruce Arians: Brown sits out, Starks adds depth, Abraham will be in camp 'soon'
- Arizona Cardinals sign rookie free agent LB Derrell Johnson
- Arizona Cardinals bring in veteran Max Starks for depth, not to replace Bobby Massie
- Arizona Cardinals sign tackle Max Starks, release two
- Arizona Cardinals running back Jonathan Dwyer relishing opportunity in the desert
- Bob McManaman, azcentral sports writer - Friday August 1azcentral sports writer Bob McManaman joins the show at Cardinals training camp.
- John Brown, Cardinals wide receiver - Friday August 1Cardinals rookie wide receiver John Brown says he is different from other rookies.
- Bickley Blast - Friday August 1Are the fortunes of the Arizona Cardinals changing?
- Doug & Wolf Impromptu Power Poll - Friday August 1Doug & Wolf's top 5 things to look for at Cardinals' Fan Fest.
- Jonathan Dwyer, Arizona Cardinals RB - Friday August 1Cardinals RB Jonathan Dwyer talks about coming to a new team.