NFL writer: Cardinals wide receiver Larry Fitzgerald 'bound to improve' in 2014
The former No. 3 overall pick caught 10 touchdown passes for the first time since 2009 and led Arizona with 82 receptions to go along with 954 yards.
The campaign earned him yet another Pro Bowl selection, the eighth of his esteemed career and seventh in as many years.
However, as father time continues to creep up on the 30-year-old wideout, one NFL writer believes he's still got plenty left in the tank.
This week, NFL.com's Mark Sessler listed his offensive candidates to bounce back with stellar 2014 seasons, and Fitzgerald found himself in the 'Bound to Improve' category.
As Sessler sees it, the more comfortable Fitzgerald gets in Bruce Arians' system, the more versatile he'll be when it comes to moving across the line in different formations -- as was the case for another Pro Bowl receiver.
WR Larry Fitzgerald, Arizona Cardinals: He hasn't dialed up a 1,000-yard campaign since 2011 and might wind up elsewhere before long if Michael Floyd continues to evolve as a potential No. 1. While Fitzgerald's explosiveness is trending downward, his cap number -- an outrageous $23.6 million in 2015 -- is set to explode. Still, the 30-year-old owns some of the finest hands in the league. Look for Bruce Arians to line Fitz up inside and out, mirroring Reggie Wayne's 2012 role with the Colts. If he can stay healthy, he's a logical pick to improve on last year's 82-954-10 stat line.
- Arizona Cardinals teammates react to Patrick Peterson's contract extension
- Patrick Peterson's new contract compared to other top NFL cornerbacks
- Notes from the Nest: July 29, 2014
- Arizona Cardinals, Patrick Peterson agree on extension
- Arizona Cardinals' Deone Bucannon supplies the highlight of Tuesday's practice
- Justin Bethel, Cardinals cornerback - Tuesday July 29Justin Bethel discusses his role on special teams and how training camp has gone so far.
- Pete Prisco, Senior NFL Columnist - Tuesday July 29Senior NFL columnist for CBS Pete Prisco shares his thoughts on how the Cardinals stack against othe
- Stepfan Taylor, Cardinals running back - Tuesday July 29Cardinals running back Stepfan Taylor talks training camp and his expanded role on offense.
- Lorenzo Alexander- Cardinals linebacker - Monday July 28Lorenzo Alexander gives his take on replacing Daryl Washington and praises former teammate London Fl
- Darren Urban, Arizona Cardinals reporter - Monday July 28Cardinals reporter Darren Urban discusses team improvements and which player he thinks will have a b