NFL writer: Cardinals wide receiver Larry Fitzgerald 'bound to improve' in 2014
The former No. 3 overall pick caught 10 touchdown passes for the first time since 2009 and led Arizona with 82 receptions to go along with 954 yards.
The campaign earned him yet another Pro Bowl selection, the eighth of his esteemed career and seventh in as many years.
However, as father time continues to creep up on the 30-year-old wideout, one NFL writer believes he's still got plenty left in the tank.
This week, NFL.com's Mark Sessler listed his offensive candidates to bounce back with stellar 2014 seasons, and Fitzgerald found himself in the 'Bound to Improve' category.
As Sessler sees it, the more comfortable Fitzgerald gets in Bruce Arians' system, the more versatile he'll be when it comes to moving across the line in different formations -- as was the case for another Pro Bowl receiver.
WR Larry Fitzgerald, Arizona Cardinals: He hasn't dialed up a 1,000-yard campaign since 2011 and might wind up elsewhere before long if Michael Floyd continues to evolve as a potential No. 1. While Fitzgerald's explosiveness is trending downward, his cap number -- an outrageous $23.6 million in 2015 -- is set to explode. Still, the 30-year-old owns some of the finest hands in the league. Look for Bruce Arians to line Fitz up inside and out, mirroring Reggie Wayne's 2012 role with the Colts. If he can stay healthy, he's a logical pick to improve on last year's 82-954-10 stat line.
- Forbes: Larry Fitzgerald among most overpaid players in NFL
- Notes from the Nest: Aug. 20, 2014
- Cardinals linebacker Lorenzo Alexander defends Daniel Snyder but thinks Redskins should change name
- New Arizona Cardinals defensive lineman Isaac Sopoaga thrown right into the mix
- Arizona Cardinals' Tyrann Mathieu practices for the first time this season
- Lyle Sendlein, Cardinals center - Wednesday August 20Lyle Sendlein talks about coming back from his injury and the loss of Darnell Dockett.
- Jake Plummer- Former Cardinals and Sun Devils quarterback - Wednesday August 20Jake Plummer says Johnny Manziel is just passionate about the game of football.
- Lorenzo Alexander- Cardinals linebacker - Wednesday August 20Lorenzo Alexander discusses having to step up to fill the voids left by injuries and free agents lea
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday August 20The NFL has a new problem on their hands, and it has to do with the Redskins.
- Larry Fitzgerald, AZ Cardinals WR - Wednesday August 20Doug & Wolf ask Fitz about the Cardinals offense and about his future in Arizona.