NFL writer: Cardinals wide receiver Larry Fitzgerald 'bound to improve' in 2014
The former No. 3 overall pick caught 10 touchdown passes for the first time since 2009 and led Arizona with 82 receptions to go along with 954 yards.
The campaign earned him yet another Pro Bowl selection, the eighth of his esteemed career and seventh in as many years.
However, as father time continues to creep up on the 30-year-old wideout, one NFL writer believes he's still got plenty left in the tank.
This week, NFL.com's Mark Sessler listed his offensive candidates to bounce back with stellar 2014 seasons, and Fitzgerald found himself in the 'Bound to Improve' category.
As Sessler sees it, the more comfortable Fitzgerald gets in Bruce Arians' system, the more versatile he'll be when it comes to moving across the line in different formations -- as was the case for another Pro Bowl receiver.
WR Larry Fitzgerald, Arizona Cardinals: He hasn't dialed up a 1,000-yard campaign since 2011 and might wind up elsewhere before long if Michael Floyd continues to evolve as a potential No. 1. While Fitzgerald's explosiveness is trending downward, his cap number -- an outrageous $23.6 million in 2015 -- is set to explode. Still, the 30-year-old owns some of the finest hands in the league. Look for Bruce Arians to line Fitz up inside and out, mirroring Reggie Wayne's 2012 role with the Colts. If he can stay healthy, he's a logical pick to improve on last year's 82-954-10 stat line.
- Arizona Cardinals Bruce Arians not surprised James Harrison retired
- Christian Tupou, Kevin Cone, Dominique Williams added to Arizona Cardinals' practice squad
- New Arizona Cardinals LB Thomas Keiser: I wanted to go pass rush for somebody
- Former Arizona Cardinals quarterback Max Hall arrested on shoplifting, drug charges
- Arizona Cardinals' GM Steve Keim: Jonathan Cooper will be great for the team
- Bruce Arians- Cardinals head coach - Tuesday September 2Bruce Arians thinks the NFC West has gotten stronger in 2014.
- Bickley Blast - Tuesday September 2Will the NFL suspend 49ers' defensive end Ray McDonald?
- Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Tuesday September 2It's Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi!
- Steve Keim - Arizona Cardinals GM - Tuesday September 2Steve Keim discusses whether or not the Cardinals roster is set.
- Darren Urban - azcardinals.com - Friday August 29Darren Urban breaks down the latest surrounding the Cardinals' impending roster moves