NFL writer: Cardinals wide receiver Larry Fitzgerald 'bound to improve' in 2014
The former No. 3 overall pick caught 10 touchdown passes for the first time since 2009 and led Arizona with 82 receptions to go along with 954 yards.
The campaign earned him yet another Pro Bowl selection, the eighth of his esteemed career and seventh in as many years.
However, as father time continues to creep up on the 30-year-old wideout, one NFL writer believes he's still got plenty left in the tank.
This week, NFL.com's Mark Sessler listed his offensive candidates to bounce back with stellar 2014 seasons, and Fitzgerald found himself in the 'Bound to Improve' category.
As Sessler sees it, the more comfortable Fitzgerald gets in Bruce Arians' system, the more versatile he'll be when it comes to moving across the line in different formations -- as was the case for another Pro Bowl receiver.
WR Larry Fitzgerald, Arizona Cardinals: He hasn't dialed up a 1,000-yard campaign since 2011 and might wind up elsewhere before long if Michael Floyd continues to evolve as a potential No. 1. While Fitzgerald's explosiveness is trending downward, his cap number -- an outrageous $23.6 million in 2015 -- is set to explode. Still, the 30-year-old owns some of the finest hands in the league. Look for Bruce Arians to line Fitz up inside and out, mirroring Reggie Wayne's 2012 role with the Colts. If he can stay healthy, he's a logical pick to improve on last year's 82-954-10 stat line.
- The 5: Top storylines heading into Arizona Cardinals training camp
- Arizona Cardinals' Patrick Peterson and Michael Floyd rank high on ESPN's list of top under-25 players
- ESPN: Arizona Cardinals loaded with under-25 talent
- Arizona Cardinals place Tyrann Mathieu and Alameda Ta'amu on PUP list
- Cardinals receive 'B' offseason grade from USA Today
- Dr. Cynthia Arnson - Immigration and Central America Expert - Tuesday July 22Why are we seeing this influx of immigrant minors?
- Mike Sando, ESPN NFL insider - Tuesday July 22ESPN NFL insider Mike Sando gives updates from around the NFC West as teams head into training camp.
- Lorenzo Alexander, AZ Cardinals linebacker - Friday July 18Cardinals linebacker Lorenzo Alexander talks about team expectations for 2014.
- John McClain, Houston Chronicle sportswriter - Friday July 11Houston Chronicle sportswriter John McClain talks about the Rockets’ offseason.
- Steve Keim, AZ Cardinals GM - Friday June 20Keim discusses his players progress so far and his anticipation of future signings.