NFL.com: Larry Fitzgerald and Michael Floyd make up NFL's 8th-best WR duo
The duo provided Carson Palmer with a couple of dangerous weapons in the passing game and helped the Cardinals reach the 10-win mark.
But where does the pair rank with regards to other receiver duos around the league?
According to NFL.com's Chris Wesseling, they come in at number eight.
Even if we give Fitzgerald a pass for playing through a pair of hamstring injuries last season, he hasn't been an elite playmaker since 2011. That doesn't mean he can't recapture that form again, but he has to show it on the field. Floyd cleared 90 yards in four of the final six games en route to a quiet 1,000-yard season. Still improving, Floyd is a fine second fiddle and emerging deep threat.
Given that Fitzgerald was just 56 yards short of also reaching the 1,000 yard mark, it seems a bit harsh to call out his skills. While he was not the player he was back when Kurt Warner was the team's quarterback, his 10 touchdowns tied him for 10th-best in the NFL.
As for the rest of the list, the Cardinals' duo trails Brandon Marshall and Alshon Jeffery (Chicago), Julio Jones and Roddy White (Atlanta), Calvin Johnson and Golden Tate (Detroit), Jordy Nelson and Randall Cobb (Green Bay), Pierre Garcon and DeSean Jackson (Washington), Andre Johnson and DeAndre Hopkins (Houston) and Demaryius Thomas and Wes Welker (Denver).
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Bauman, Golden, Sopoaga, Hardy among Arizona Cardinals' final roster cuts
- Despite interest from Cardinals, linebacker James Harrison retires
- Arizona Cardinals coach Arians: Logan Thomas as expected, has 'a good future'
- Arizona Cardinals coach Bruce Arians confirms James Harrison interest
- Arizona Cardinals coach Arians on Tyrann Mathieu's progress: 'We'll see how he tackles'
- Darren Urban - azcardinals.com - Friday August 29Darren Urban breaks down the latest surrounding the Cardinals' impending roster moves
- Bickley Blast - Friday August 29The Arizona Cardinals and San Diego Chargers played one of the most pointless games in NFL history l
- Bickley Blast - Thursday August 28Which Valley football team will win more games this season, the Cardinals or the Sun Devils?
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Dave Pasch - Cardinals commentator - Tuesday August 26Dave Pasch thinks Michael Floyd is a number one receiving target.