NFL.com: Larry Fitzgerald and Michael Floyd make up NFL's 8th-best WR duo
The duo provided Carson Palmer with a couple of dangerous weapons in the passing game and helped the Cardinals reach the 10-win mark.
But where does the pair rank with regards to other receiver duos around the league?
According to NFL.com's Chris Wesseling, they come in at number eight.
Even if we give Fitzgerald a pass for playing through a pair of hamstring injuries last season, he hasn't been an elite playmaker since 2011. That doesn't mean he can't recapture that form again, but he has to show it on the field. Floyd cleared 90 yards in four of the final six games en route to a quiet 1,000-yard season. Still improving, Floyd is a fine second fiddle and emerging deep threat.
Given that Fitzgerald was just 56 yards short of also reaching the 1,000 yard mark, it seems a bit harsh to call out his skills. While he was not the player he was back when Kurt Warner was the team's quarterback, his 10 touchdowns tied him for 10th-best in the NFL.
As for the rest of the list, the Cardinals' duo trails Brandon Marshall and Alshon Jeffery (Chicago), Julio Jones and Roddy White (Atlanta), Calvin Johnson and Golden Tate (Detroit), Jordy Nelson and Randall Cobb (Green Bay), Pierre Garcon and DeSean Jackson (Washington), Andre Johnson and DeAndre Hopkins (Houston) and Demaryius Thomas and Wes Welker (Denver).
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Report: Cardinals LB John Abraham arrested, charged with DUI in Georgia in June
- Notes from the Nest: July 28, 2014
- Cardinals' Jonathan Cooper: 'I felt OK' after first practice with pads
- Cardinals WR Michael Floyd on 2014 training camp: 'Everything comes faster'
- Teddy Williams looking to make Arizona Cardinals as a cornerback
- Lorenzo Alexander- Cardinals linebacker - Monday July 28Lorenzo Alexander gives his take on replacing Daryl Washington and praises former teammate London Fl
- Darren Urban, Arizona Cardinals reporter - Monday July 28Cardinals reporter Darren Urban discusses team improvements and which player he thinks will have a b
- Antonio Cromartie, Cardinals defensive back - Monday July 28Antonio Cromartie talks about his expectations for this year's Arizona Cardinals.
- Bruce Arians, Cardinals head coach - Monday July 28Cardinals coach Bruce Arians talks about the first days of training camp and what he's seen from pl
- Dave Pasch, Voice of the Arizona Cardinals - Monday July 28The voice of the Cardinals Dave Pasch shares his first impressions of training camp.