Kurt Warner tells TMZ he feels more allegiance to Arizona than St. Louis
Kurt Warner on TMZ?
The quarterback who led the Arizona Cardinals to their one and only Super Bowl appearance during the 2008 season was caught by the relentless cameras of TMZ in New York City.
He was first asked about whether he thought there was any scenario where he could see Geno Smith starting over Michael Vick in Week 1 for the New York Jets. Yawn.
Then the talk turned to his pro allegiance. Warner's storybook career started in St. Louis, where he led the Rams to two Super Bowls and where he won two league MVP awards.
"I probably feel more allegiance to Arizona than I do St. Louis just because there are a number of people that are still there, whether it's teammates or in the upper levels," Warner said. "Being the last place that I played, being that I still live there, there's probably a little more allegiance there."
Take that, St. Louis.
"But I'm still a huge fan of St. Louis, and I'm thankful for everything they gave me," he concluded.
Oh, Kurt...always saying the right thing. That rarely happens when somebody's talking to TMZ.
- Arizona Cardinals kicker Jay Feely 'grateful' for chance to keep kicking
- Arizona Cardinals wide receiver Michael Floyd to make preseason debut Sunday vs. Bengals
- Report: Arizona Cardinals to work out Isaac Sopoaga
- Arizona Cardinals RB Andre Ellington excited to see more action in next preseason game
- Arizona Cardinals safety Tyrann Mathieu, nose tackle Alameda Ta'amu activated from PUP list
- Kent Somers- azcentral sports Cardinals beat writer - Tuesday August 19Kent Somers discusses how the Cardinals plan to fill the hole left by the Darnell Dockett injury.
- Larry Fitzgerald- Cardinals receiver - Tuesday August 19Larry Fitzgerald explains the value of Darnell Dockett to the Arizona Cardinals franchise.
- Bickley Blast - Tuesday August 19The weather in Phoenix matches the mood as Darnell Dockett is done for the season.
- Dave Pasch, NFL and college football analyst - Tuesday August 19Dave Pasch discusses the Cardinals losing Darnell Dockett for the season.
- Frank Caliendo, comedian & impressionist - Tuesday August 19Frank Caliendo makes us laugh and we count how many famous names he drops in his stories!