Kurt Warner tells TMZ he feels more allegiance to Arizona than St. Louis
Kurt Warner on TMZ?
The quarterback who led the Arizona Cardinals to their one and only Super Bowl appearance during the 2008 season was caught by the relentless cameras of TMZ in New York City.
He was first asked about whether he thought there was any scenario where he could see Geno Smith starting over Michael Vick in Week 1 for the New York Jets. Yawn.
Then the talk turned to his pro allegiance. Warner's storybook career started in St. Louis, where he led the Rams to two Super Bowls and where he won two league MVP awards.
"I probably feel more allegiance to Arizona than I do St. Louis just because there are a number of people that are still there, whether it's teammates or in the upper levels," Warner said. "Being the last place that I played, being that I still live there, there's probably a little more allegiance there."
Take that, St. Louis.
"But I'm still a huge fan of St. Louis, and I'm thankful for everything they gave me," he concluded.
Oh, Kurt...always saying the right thing. That rarely happens when somebody's talking to TMZ.
- Antonio Cromartie: Arizona Cardinals ‘most talented secondary' he has been a part of
- Arizona Cardinals' GM Steve Keim: Bobby Massie in 'best shape of his career'
- Personnel and penumbras
- Arizona Cardinals' Alex Okafor's transition to linebacker is complete
- Arizona Cardinals GM Steve Keim likes what he's seen from rookie John Brown
- Antonio Cromartie, Cardinals defensive back - Monday July 28Antonio Cromartie talks about his expectations for this year's Arizona Cardinals.
- Bruce Arians, Cardinals head coach - Monday July 28Cardinals coach Bruce Arians talks about the first days of training camp and what he's seen from pl
- Dave Pasch, Voice of the Arizona Cardinals - Monday July 28The voice of the Cardinals Dave Pasch shares his first impressions of training camp.
- Steve Keim, Arizona Cardinals GM - Monday July 28Cardinals GM Steve Keim talks about player evaluation during training camp.
- Kent Somers- AZCentral Sports - Friday July 25AZCentral Sports Cardinals beat writer Kent Somers discusses some of the challenges facing the Cardi