Arizona Cardinals coach Bruce Arians works out Virginia Tech QB Logan Thomas
Head coach Bruce Arians was spotted in Blacksburg, VA Wednesday working out QB Logan Thomas.
Thomas is not viewed as one of the top quarterbacks in the draft and likely would be looked at in the second or third round by the Cardinals. Arizona is slated to pick 20th, 52nd and 84th in the first three rounds of the draft.
At 6-foot-6 and 257 pounds, Thomas has the type of size Arians seeks in the position, and he's also fairly mobile in the pocket.
Last season, as a senior, Thomas completed 56.5 percent of his passes while throwing for 2,907 yards, 16 touchdowns and 13 interceptions.
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Bickley Blast - Thursday August 28Which Valley football team will win more games this season, the Cardinals or the Sun Devils?
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Dave Pasch - Cardinals commentator - Tuesday August 26Dave Pasch thinks Michael Floyd is a number one receiving target.
- Mike Sando, ESPN NFL Insider - Tuesday August 26Mike Sando takes us inside the NFL headlines.
- Who impressed/Who depressed - Monday August 25Vince praises Arizona's newest football dynasty.