Arizona Cardinals sign LeQuan Lewis and Eddie Whitley
Terms of the deals were not disclosed.
Lewis will be a familiar name to Valley sports fans, as he played his college ball at Arizona State. He entered the NFL as an undrafted free agent in 2011, and has spent time with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, Dallas Cowboys, Oakland Raiders, New York Jets, Chicago Bears and New England Patriots.
He's appeared in eight NFL games, tallying four tackles, one interception and two passes defensed.
As for Whitney, the former undrafted free agent out of Virginia Tech has been with the Philadelphia Eagles, San Francisco 49ers and Dallas Cowboys since entering the league in 2012.
- What I Saw -- Thursday, Aug. 21
- The Pulse: Two-thirds of voters say Arizona Cardinals should go with a new kicker
- Arizona Cardinals safety Deone Bucannon: clean hits 'something I have to learn'
- Notes from the Nest: Aug. 21, 2014
- Michael Floyd knocking off the rust as he returns to field for Arizona Cardinals
- Michael Bidwill, Cardinals president - Friday August 22Michael Bidwill discusses preparing for the Super Bowl without the help of the City of Glendale.
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Cardinals beat writer - Thursday August 21Kent Somers talks about how many touches Andre Ellington should get per game.
- Bruce Arians, Cardinals head coach - Thursday August 21Bruce Arians discusses the importance of Sunday's third preseason game.
- Darren Urban, AZcardinals.com beat writer - Thursday August 21Darren Urban discusses what the Cardinals will do without Darnell Dockett
- Ted Larsen, Cardinals offensive linemen - Thursday August 21Ted Larsen talks about making the move from center to left guard.