Arizona Cardinals sign LeQuan Lewis and Eddie Whitley
Terms of the deals were not disclosed.
Lewis will be a familiar name to Valley sports fans, as he played his college ball at Arizona State. He entered the NFL as an undrafted free agent in 2011, and has spent time with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, Dallas Cowboys, Oakland Raiders, New York Jets, Chicago Bears and New England Patriots.
He's appeared in eight NFL games, tallying four tackles, one interception and two passes defensed.
As for Whitney, the former undrafted free agent out of Virginia Tech has been with the Philadelphia Eagles, San Francisco 49ers and Dallas Cowboys since entering the league in 2012.
- Forbes: Larry Fitzgerald among most overpaid players in NFL
- Notes from the Nest: Aug. 20, 2014
- Cardinals linebacker Lorenzo Alexander defends Daniel Snyder but thinks Redskins should change name
- New Arizona Cardinals defensive lineman Isaac Sopoaga thrown right into the mix
- Arizona Cardinals' Tyrann Mathieu practices for the first time this season
- Lyle Sendlein, Cardinals center - Wednesday August 20Lyle Sendlein talks about coming back from his injury and the loss of Darnell Dockett.
- Jake Plummer- Former Cardinals and Sun Devils quarterback - Wednesday August 20Jake Plummer says Johnny Manziel is just passionate about the game of football.
- Lorenzo Alexander- Cardinals linebacker - Wednesday August 20Lorenzo Alexander discusses having to step up to fill the voids left by injuries and free agents lea
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday August 20The NFL has a new problem on their hands, and it has to do with the Redskins.
- Larry Fitzgerald, AZ Cardinals WR - Wednesday August 20Doug & Wolf ask Fitz about the Cardinals offense and about his future in Arizona.