The Pulse: John Carlson will be the Cardinals tight end with the most receptions in 2014
Our latest poll question asked readers who they thought would lead the Arizona Cardinals' tight ends in receptions for the upcoming year, with returners Rob Housler and Jake Ballard in the mix, along with newcomer John Carlson.
Carlson was the winner in a landslide, receiving 45 percent of the vote. Housler came in second with 29 percent, while Ballard -- generally not known for his pass-catching skills -- received 19 percent. Seven percent chose "other."
Carlson, who recently signed a two-year deal worth about $5 million, has caught 177 passes for 1,906 yards and 14 touchdowns over five seasons of action, though he battled concussions at the end of his tenure with the Minnesota Vikings.
Housler caught 39 passes for 454 yards and a touchdown for the Cardinals last season, though his play often left something to be desired among Cardinals fans. Ballard caught seven passes in an abbreviated stint in Arizona last season.
- Rookie QB Logan Thomas largely ineffective in Cardinals preseason finale
- Cardinals WRs Brown, Golden and Powell fail to make case in final preseason game
- NFL.com predicts a couple of Arizona Cardinals will win awards
- Report: Arizona Cardinals negotiating contract with James Harrison
- Cardinals vs. Chargers preview: Final chance to make an impression
- Bickley Blast - Thursday August 28Which Valley football team will win more games this season, the Cardinals or the Sun Devils?
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Dave Pasch - Cardinals commentator - Tuesday August 26Dave Pasch thinks Michael Floyd is a number one receiving target.
- Mike Sando, ESPN NFL Insider - Tuesday August 26Mike Sando takes us inside the NFL headlines.
- Who impressed/Who depressed - Monday August 25Vince praises Arizona's newest football dynasty.