Healthy Antonio Cromartie felt like home in Arizona
After less than two weeks on the open market, he signed a one-year deal with the Arizona Cardinals.
"I think the biggest part I was just surprised by not having, once I got released, the activity," Cromartie admitted to Doug and Wolf on Arizona Sports 98.7 FM Monday. "That wasn't there."
Except from Cardinals.
"Once I got a call from Arizona and a few other teams started calling in, but Arizona just made me feel at home."
In Cromartie, the Cardinals have a player who has been to three Pro Bowls -- including the last two -- and who has 28 career interceptions over eight seasons with the San Diego Chargers and New York Jets.
But he battled through a hip injury last season, which he says affected his performance on the field and likely led to the lack of interest in his services. He knows last season wasn't a great one for him, as he failed to live up to expectations in the Big Apple.
Now healthy, the 29-year-old (who will be 30 by Week 1) expects to bounce back and have a big season in the desert.
"Right now I'm feeling 100 percent, and I'm just getting ready to go."
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- The Pulse: Two-thirds of voters say Arizona Cardinals should go with a new kicker
- Arizona Cardinals safety Deone Bucannon: clean hits 'something I have to learn'
- Notes from the Nest: Aug. 21, 2014
- Michael Floyd knocking off the rust as he returns to field for Arizona Cardinals
- Cardinals Sunday Night Football game against Bengals sold out
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Cardinals beat writer - Thursday August 21Kent Somers talks about how many touches Andre Ellington should get per game.
- Bruce Arians, Cardinals head coach - Thursday August 21Bruce Arians discusses the importance of Sunday's third preseason game.
- Darren Urban, AZcardinals.com beat writer - Thursday August 21Darren Urban discusses what the Cardinals will do without Darnell Dockett
- Ted Larsen, Cardinals offensive linemen - Thursday August 21Ted Larsen talks about making the move from center to left guard.
- Deone Bucannon- Cardinals safety - Thursday August 21Deone Bucannon talks about finding his role on the Cardinals' defense.