Updated Mar 24, 2014 - 1:19 am
The Pulse: Fans loving Cardinals signing of Antonio Cromartie
Our latest poll question asked readers what they thought of the Arizona Cardinals signing of cornerback Antonio Cromartie, who was recently released by the New York Jets.
Our readers overwhelmingly thought it was a big pickup. They had four options to choose from, and 1,460 in total opined, with 75 percent of them (1,101 votes) choosing "Great move!"
Another 22 percent of voters said, "It's OK." That means only a total of 3 percent of them didn't like the move. Two percent answered, "Not too good," while 1 percent said, "Just terrible."
Cromartie had 35 solo tackles, three interceptions and nine passes defensed in 16 games with the Jets in 2013. He has made the Pro Bowl three times, including in the last two seasons.
The 29-year-old Florida State product was primarily released because of his pricey contract; he made more than $9 million in 2013.
The Cardinals picked him up Thursday for a one-year deal reportedly worth $3.25 million, including a $500,000 bonus if he plays in all 16 games. Cromartie comes to Glendale with the chance to become the team's No. 2 cornerback opposite of Patrick Peterson.
- Arizona Cardinals linebacker Larry Foote says defense is good enough to overcome Darnell Dockett injury
- Notes from the Nest: Aug. 22, 2014
- Arizona Cardinals' DE Calais Campbell: Dockett injury 'sucks,' others need to step up
- A game-time decision, Jonathan Cooper going through learning experience with Arizona Cardinals
- Arizona Cardinals RB Andre Ellington bulks up in anticipation of harder hits this season
- Peter King, SI.com senior NFL writer - Friday August 22Peter King thinks Carson Palmer could have a big year for the Cardinals.
- Michael Floyd, Cardinals wide receiver - Friday August 22Michael Floyd says he thinks he can be the best wide receiver in the NFL.
- Jared Veldheer, Cardinals tackle - Friday August 22Jared Veldheer talks about his road from a Division II college to the NFL.
- Bob McManaman- Arizona Republic senior sportswriter - Friday August 22Bob McManaman believes that Jay Feely is in danger of getting cut from the Cardinals.
- Andre Ellington- Cardinals running back - Friday August 22Andre Ellington looks forward to a break out year with the Arizona Cardinals.