Patrick Peterson tweets Jets CB Antonio Cromartie about joining Cardinals
It's hard to make out how far the talks went, but Cardinals cornerback Patrick Peterson apparently tried to play ambassador to the team Saturday on Twitter.
Peterson direct-tweeted Cromartie the following:
@CRO31 let's make this thing happen.— Patrick Peterson (@RealPeterson21) March 16, 2014
Weinfuss said that Cromartie directly replied to the Cardinals star cornerback, "We going to make it happen," but that the tweet was deleted by Saturday night.
To that now-deleted tweet, Peterson responded:
That's about as far as the discussion got between the two defensive stars, at least on social media.
Weinfuss notes that the three-time Pro Bowler's asking price will probably be too high for the Cardinals.
I do find Cromartie's response interesting: "We going to make it happen." Either he was being nice, or he needed to weekend to think about Arizona's offer -- if there was one. It's unlikely the Cardinals will pay him the type of money he made with the New York Jets -- Cromartie earned $9.5 million in 2013.
Cromartie, 29, has played eight seasons in the league, only missing one game in all that time. He has racked up 292 solo tackles, 92 passes defensed and 28 interceptions -- including three returned for touchdowns -- in his career. He is the cousin of Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie, who began his career in Arizona and spent three season in the Desert.
- Cardinals' Dockett: Peterson will 'definitely be a future Hall of Famer'
- Former Cardinals quarterback Kurt Warner thankful for patience of fans, organization
- Notes from the Nest: July 30, 2014
- Arizona Cardinals to host Fan Fest this weekend
- All-Access with Bruce Arians: Extra points experiment will be fun, may add excitement
- Paul Fanaika, Arizona Cardinals offensive guard - Wednesday July 30The Arizona Cardinals’ offensive guard Paul Fanaika joins the show to discuss training camp.
- Kurt Warner, NFL Network analyst - Wednesday July 30NFL Network analyst Kurt Warner discusses Arizona Cardinals' training camp.
- Patrick Peterson, Arizona Cardinals cornerback - Wednesday July 30Arizona Cardinals' defensive cornerback Patrick Peterson discusses his new contract extension.
- Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Wednesday July 30Johnny Manziel struggles in practice.
- Pete Prisco- CBS NFL Analyst - Wednesday July 30Pete Prisco talks about the top cornerbacks in the NFL.