Karlos Dansby on offer from Cleveland Browns: 'It definitely surprised me'
Many were shocked by the length and size of the offer. Dansby was one.
"It definitely surprised me, I wasn't expecting that," Dansby told Burns and Gambo Wednesday on Arizona Sports 98.7 FM. "I was called supernaturally, man. It was something I can't explain. It was like 'it's time to go.'"
Dansby said he didn't even consider testing the market elsewhere once he received the offer from the Browns.
The 32-year-old linebacker also doesn't harbor any ill will toward the Cardinals. In fact, he says the team made him a fair offer that didn't leave him feeling disrespected.
"Not at all. They showed me what they valued me at and I was like 'OK, that's cool,'" Dansby said. "But when you get called, you've got to drop everything and roll."
Dansby disputed reports that the Cardinals' offer was for two years and worth between $10-12 million, but didn't say what the offer presented to his camp was.
The 10-year veteran has nothing but fond memories of his time in Arizona -- both stints, but especially the 2013 season.
"It was unbelievable, bro. That's the most fun I've ever had in all the years I've been there," he said. "(Defensive coordinator) Todd Bowles is amazing. An amazing coach and an amazing motivator. Him and Bruce Arians together man, that's a dangerous combination."
Vince Marotta, Co-host - Bickley & Marotta, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Arizona Cardinals coach Arians: Logan Thomas as expected, has 'a good future'
- Arizona Cardinals coach Bruce Arians confirms James Harrison interest
- Arizona Cardinals coach Arians on Tyrann Mathieu's progress: 'We'll see how he tackles'
- Report: Bengals cornerback fined for hit on Arizona Cardinals' Ted Ginn
- Arizona Cardinals preseason: By The Numbers
- Darren Urban - azcardinals.com - Friday August 29Darren Urban breaks down the latest surrounding the Cardinals' impending roster moves
- Bickley Blast - Friday August 29The Arizona Cardinals and San Diego Chargers played one of the most pointless games in NFL history l
- Bickley Blast - Thursday August 28Which Valley football team will win more games this season, the Cardinals or the Sun Devils?
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Dave Pasch - Cardinals commentator - Tuesday August 26Dave Pasch thinks Michael Floyd is a number one receiving target.