Karlos Dansby on offer from Cleveland Browns: 'It definitely surprised me'
Many were shocked by the length and size of the offer. Dansby was one.
"It definitely surprised me, I wasn't expecting that," Dansby told Burns and Gambo Wednesday on Arizona Sports 98.7 FM. "I was called supernaturally, man. It was something I can't explain. It was like 'it's time to go.'"
Dansby said he didn't even consider testing the market elsewhere once he received the offer from the Browns.
The 32-year-old linebacker also doesn't harbor any ill will toward the Cardinals. In fact, he says the team made him a fair offer that didn't leave him feeling disrespected.
"Not at all. They showed me what they valued me at and I was like 'OK, that's cool,'" Dansby said. "But when you get called, you've got to drop everything and roll."
Dansby disputed reports that the Cardinals' offer was for two years and worth between $10-12 million, but didn't say what the offer presented to his camp was.
The 10-year veteran has nothing but fond memories of his time in Arizona -- both stints, but especially the 2013 season.
"It was unbelievable, bro. That's the most fun I've ever had in all the years I've been there," he said. "(Defensive coordinator) Todd Bowles is amazing. An amazing coach and an amazing motivator. Him and Bruce Arians together man, that's a dangerous combination."
Vince Marotta, Co-host - Bickley & Marotta, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Arizona Cardinals kicker Jay Feely 'grateful' for chance to keep kicking
- Arizona Cardinals wide receiver Michael Floyd to make preseason debut Sunday vs. Bengals
- Report: Arizona Cardinals to work out Isaac Sopoaga
- Arizona Cardinals RB Andre Ellington excited to see more action in next preseason game
- Arizona Cardinals safety Tyrann Mathieu, nose tackle Alameda Ta'amu activated from PUP list
- Kent Somers- azcentral sports Cardinals beat writer - Tuesday August 19Kent Somers discusses how the Cardinals plan to fill the hole left by the Darnell Dockett injury.
- Larry Fitzgerald- Cardinals receiver - Tuesday August 19Larry Fitzgerald explains the value of Darnell Dockett to the Arizona Cardinals franchise.
- Bickley Blast - Tuesday August 19The weather in Phoenix matches the mood as Darnell Dockett is done for the season.
- Dave Pasch, NFL and college football analyst - Tuesday August 19Dave Pasch discusses the Cardinals losing Darnell Dockett for the season.
- Frank Caliendo, comedian & impressionist - Tuesday August 19Frank Caliendo makes us laugh and we count how many famous names he drops in his stories!