Updated Mar 12, 2014 - 4:42 pm
Report: Arizona Cardinals re-sign Matt Shaughnessy
Signed to a one-year deal last March, Shaughnessy ended up starting 12 games and registered 36 total tackles, three sacks and three fumble recoveries -- including one for a touchdown in a win over the Houston Texans in Week 10.
His performance in 2013 has led to the Cardinals re-signing the veteran to a new two-year deal. News of the signing was first reported by AZCentral's Kent Somers.
The Oakland Raiders originally selected Shaughnessy out of Wisconsin in the third round of the 2009 NFL Draft, and he spent his first four years in the league in the silver and black. Shaughnessy played in 51 games (starting 29) and had 123 tackles, 15.5 sacks, three forced fumbles and four fumble recoveries for the Raiders.
- Walt Powell claimed by New York Jets
- How the West Was Won - Week 1
- ESPN: Arizona Cardinals' offense will offset losses on defense, lead team to a winning record
- Cardinals awarded waiver claim on OLB Thomas Keiser, waive rookie WR Walt Powell
- Bauman, Golden, Sopoaga, Hardy among Arizona Cardinals' final roster cuts
- Darren Urban - azcardinals.com - Friday August 29Darren Urban breaks down the latest surrounding the Cardinals' impending roster moves
- Bickley Blast - Friday August 29The Arizona Cardinals and San Diego Chargers played one of the most pointless games in NFL history l
- Bickley Blast - Thursday August 28Which Valley football team will win more games this season, the Cardinals or the Sun Devils?
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Dave Pasch - Cardinals commentator - Tuesday August 26Dave Pasch thinks Michael Floyd is a number one receiving target.