Updated Mar 12, 2014 - 4:42 pm
Report: Arizona Cardinals re-sign Matt Shaughnessy
Signed to a one-year deal last March, Shaughnessy ended up starting 12 games and registered 36 total tackles, three sacks and three fumble recoveries -- including one for a touchdown in a win over the Houston Texans in Week 10.
His performance in 2013 has led to the Cardinals re-signing the veteran to a new two-year deal. News of the signing was first reported by AZCentral's Kent Somers.
The Oakland Raiders originally selected Shaughnessy out of Wisconsin in the third round of the 2009 NFL Draft, and he spent his first four years in the league in the silver and black. Shaughnessy played in 51 games (starting 29) and had 123 tackles, 15.5 sacks, three forced fumbles and four fumble recoveries for the Raiders.
- The Pulse: Two-thirds of voters say Arizona Cardinals should go with a new kicker
- Arizona Cardinals safety Deone Bucannon: clean hits 'something I have to learn'
- Notes from the Nest: Aug. 21, 2014
- Michael Floyd knocking off the rust as he returns to field for Arizona Cardinals
- Cardinals Sunday Night Football game against Bengals sold out
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Cardinals beat writer - Thursday August 21Kent Somers talks about how many touches Andre Ellington should get per game.
- Bruce Arians, Cardinals head coach - Thursday August 21Bruce Arians discusses the importance of Sunday's third preseason game.
- Darren Urban, AZcardinals.com beat writer - Thursday August 21Darren Urban discusses what the Cardinals will do without Darnell Dockett
- Ted Larsen, Cardinals offensive linemen - Thursday August 21Ted Larsen talks about making the move from center to left guard.
- Deone Bucannon- Cardinals safety - Thursday August 21Deone Bucannon talks about finding his role on the Cardinals' defense.