Updated Mar 12, 2014 - 4:42 pm
Report: Arizona Cardinals re-sign Matt Shaughnessy
Signed to a one-year deal last March, Shaughnessy ended up starting 12 games and registered 36 total tackles, three sacks and three fumble recoveries -- including one for a touchdown in a win over the Houston Texans in Week 10.
His performance in 2013 has led to the Cardinals re-signing the veteran to a new two-year deal. News of the signing was first reported by AZCentral's Kent Somers.
The Oakland Raiders originally selected Shaughnessy out of Wisconsin in the third round of the 2009 NFL Draft, and he spent his first four years in the league in the silver and black. Shaughnessy played in 51 games (starting 29) and had 123 tackles, 15.5 sacks, three forced fumbles and four fumble recoveries for the Raiders.
- Arizona Cardinals begin camp with confidence and optimism
- Arizona Cardinals' Tyrann Mathieu takes another step closer to returning to the field
- Cardinals ILB Kevin Minter on trying to replace Karlos Dansby: 'It's going to be like college again'
- Carson Palmer: Arizona Cardinals need to run the football to win in the NFC West
- Carson Palmer: Arizona Cardinals are 'completely different team' from last year
- Kent Somers- AZCentral Sports - Friday July 25AZCentral Sports Cardinals beat writer Kent Somers discusses some of the challenges facing the Cardi
- Kevin Minter-Cardinals linebacker - Friday July 25Arizona Cardinals linebacker Kevin Minter discusses his new role this upcoming season.
- Bickley Blast - Friday July 25The Cardinals kick off training camp with high expectations.
- Impromptu Power Poll - Friday July 25What are the top 5 position battles for the AZ Cardinals heading into training camp?
- Carson Palmer, AZ Cardinals QB - Friday July 25Cardinals QB Carson Palmer describes the key to this offense winning games.