Updated Mar 12, 2014 - 4:42 pm
Report: Arizona Cardinals re-sign Matt Shaughnessy
Signed to a one-year deal last March, Shaughnessy ended up starting 12 games and registered 36 total tackles, three sacks and three fumble recoveries -- including one for a touchdown in a win over the Houston Texans in Week 10.
His performance in 2013 has led to the Cardinals re-signing the veteran to a new two-year deal. News of the signing was first reported by AZCentral's Kent Somers.
The Oakland Raiders originally selected Shaughnessy out of Wisconsin in the third round of the 2009 NFL Draft, and he spent his first four years in the league in the silver and black. Shaughnessy played in 51 games (starting 29) and had 123 tackles, 15.5 sacks, three forced fumbles and four fumble recoveries for the Raiders.
- Paul Fanaika, Arizona Cardinals offensive guard - Wednesday July 30The Arizona Cardinals’ offensive guard Paul Fanaika joins the show to discuss training camp.
- Kurt Warner, NFL Network analyst - Wednesday July 30NFL Network analyst Kurt Warner discusses Arizona Cardinals' training camp.
- Patrick Peterson, Arizona Cardinals cornerback - Wednesday July 30Arizona Cardinals' defensive cornerback Patrick Peterson discusses his new contract extension.
- Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Wednesday July 30Johnny Manziel struggles in practice.
- Pete Prisco- CBS NFL Analyst - Wednesday July 30Pete Prisco talks about the top cornerbacks in the NFL.