It's official: Arizona Cardinals re-sign trio of players, release Daryn Colledge
The team announced it had reached agreements on one-year contracts with kicker Jay Feely and tight end Jake Ballard, as well as a two-year deal with defensive lineman Frostee Rucker.
Arizona also announced it had released guard Daryn Colledge, who had started all 48 games over the last three seasons for the team.
Feely broke the news himself over the weekend. The kicker, who signed a one-year deal, has spent the last four seasons in Arizona and connected on 30-of-36 field goal attempts last season.
Ballard joined the Cardinals late in the season and went on to catch seven passes for 75 yards and two touchdowns in eight games. Formerly of the New York Giants and New England Patriots, the 26-year-old has 45 receptions for 679 yards and six touchdowns in his career.
As for Rucker, the former third-round pick out of USC played in all 16 games for the team last season, tallying 14 tackles, one sack, two tackles for loss, nine quarterback pressures and eight quarterback hits.
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Walt Powell claimed by New York Jets
- How the West Was Won - Week 1
- ESPN: Arizona Cardinals' offense will offset losses on defense, lead team to a winning record
- Cardinals awarded waiver claim on OLB Thomas Keiser, waive rookie WR Walt Powell
- Bauman, Golden, Sopoaga, Hardy among Arizona Cardinals' final roster cuts
- Darren Urban - azcardinals.com - Friday August 29Darren Urban breaks down the latest surrounding the Cardinals' impending roster moves
- Bickley Blast - Friday August 29The Arizona Cardinals and San Diego Chargers played one of the most pointless games in NFL history l
- Bickley Blast - Thursday August 28Which Valley football team will win more games this season, the Cardinals or the Sun Devils?
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Dave Pasch - Cardinals commentator - Tuesday August 26Dave Pasch thinks Michael Floyd is a number one receiving target.