It's official: Arizona Cardinals re-sign trio of players, release Daryn Colledge
The team announced it had reached agreements on one-year contracts with kicker Jay Feely and tight end Jake Ballard, as well as a two-year deal with defensive lineman Frostee Rucker.
Arizona also announced it had released guard Daryn Colledge, who had started all 48 games over the last three seasons for the team.
Feely broke the news himself over the weekend. The kicker, who signed a one-year deal, has spent the last four seasons in Arizona and connected on 30-of-36 field goal attempts last season.
Ballard joined the Cardinals late in the season and went on to catch seven passes for 75 yards and two touchdowns in eight games. Formerly of the New York Giants and New England Patriots, the 26-year-old has 45 receptions for 679 yards and six touchdowns in his career.
As for Rucker, the former third-round pick out of USC played in all 16 games for the team last season, tallying 14 tackles, one sack, two tackles for loss, nine quarterback pressures and eight quarterback hits.
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Paul Fanaika, Arizona Cardinals offensive guard - Wednesday July 30The Arizona Cardinals’ offensive guard Paul Fanaika joins the show to discuss training camp.
- Kurt Warner, NFL Network analyst - Wednesday July 30NFL Network analyst Kurt Warner discusses Arizona Cardinals' training camp.
- Patrick Peterson, Arizona Cardinals cornerback - Wednesday July 30Arizona Cardinals' defensive cornerback Patrick Peterson discusses his new contract extension.
- Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Wednesday July 30Johnny Manziel struggles in practice.
- Pete Prisco- CBS NFL Analyst - Wednesday July 30Pete Prisco talks about the top cornerbacks in the NFL.