Updated Mar 11, 2014 - 5:54 pm
Arizona Cardinals react to Karlos Dansby's departure
As of 10:25 a.m., the NFL Network's Ian Rapoport tweeted that the Cardinals and Tennesse Titans felt they had lost out on Dansby's services, and that the Cleveland Browns had emerged as the front runner.
A little more than an hour later, AZCentral's Kent Somers tweeted that he said he heard the 32-year-old linebacker is headed to the Browns for four years, $24 million. Somers said that Dansby will likely make $10 million in the first year of the deal.
Baltimore Sun reporter Aaron Wilson later tweeted that $12 million of Dansby's deal is guaranteed, and he will get a $6 million signing bonus.
After Dansby's departure was certain, members of the Cardinals organization began sharing their thoughts on Twitter.
Hate to see a teammate go especially one that played so well for us. Now we have to find someone to fill that void.— Patrick Peterson (@RealPeterson21) March 11, 2014
Darnell Dockett didn't mince words as he said in a tweet, "**** this free agent ****... I'm going fishing.. I guess I'm just To [sic] damn loyal these days. Smh."
If Dansby leaves, it's not the end of the world. Good player but benefitted from the system. He's replaceable.— Dave Pasch (@DavePasch) March 11, 2014
I know some fans are disappointed with Dansby. But if you were offered a few million more dollars to switch jobs, you'd do it too.— Darren Urban (@Cardschatter) March 11, 2014
In his lone year returning to the team that drafted him, Dansby racked up 6.5 sacks, 122 tackles, four interceptions and two defensive touchdowns.
- The Pulse: Two-thirds of voters say Arizona Cardinals should go with a new kicker
- Arizona Cardinals safety Deone Bucannon: clean hits 'something I have to learn'
- Notes from the Nest: Aug. 21, 2014
- Michael Floyd knocking off the rust as he returns to field for Arizona Cardinals
- Cardinals Sunday Night Football game against Bengals sold out
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Cardinals beat writer - Thursday August 21Kent Somers talks about how many touches Andre Ellington should get per game.
- Bruce Arians, Cardinals head coach - Thursday August 21Bruce Arians discusses the importance of Sunday's third preseason game.
- Darren Urban, AZcardinals.com beat writer - Thursday August 21Darren Urban discusses what the Cardinals will do without Darnell Dockett
- Ted Larsen, Cardinals offensive linemen - Thursday August 21Ted Larsen talks about making the move from center to left guard.
- Deone Bucannon- Cardinals safety - Thursday August 21Deone Bucannon talks about finding his role on the Cardinals' defense.