Updated Mar 11, 2014 - 6:18 pm
Arizona Cardinals to lose LB Karlos Dansby to Cleveland Browns
AZCentral's Kent Somers tweeted Tuesday that he said he heard the 32-year-old linebacker is headed to the Browns for four years, $24 million. Somers said that Dansby will likely make $10 million in the first year of the deal.
Baltimore Sun reporter Aaron Wilson later tweeted that $12 million of Dansby's deal is guaranteed, and he will get a $6 million signing bonus.
Dansby, spent last season in Arizona after playing the previous three for the Miami Dolphins, whom he left the Cardinals for following the 2009 season.
In 2013, the veteran tallied 122 tackles -- 114 of which were solo -- along with 6.5 sacks, four interceptions and 19 passes defensed.
As far as replacements currently on the roster, 2013 second-round pick Kevin Minter is the likely choice for the Cardinals. As a rookie last season, he appeared in 13 games (mostly on special teams), and made four tackles.
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Arizona Cardinals coach Arians: Logan Thomas as expected, has 'a good future'
- Arizona Cardinals coach Bruce Arians confirms James Harrison interest
- Arizona Cardinals coach Arians on Tyrann Mathieu's progress: 'We'll see how he tackles'
- Report: Bengals cornerback fined for hit on Arizona Cardinals' Ted Ginn
- Arizona Cardinals preseason: By The Numbers
- Darren Urban - azcardinals.com - Friday August 29Darren Urban breaks down the latest surrounding the Cardinals' impending roster moves
- Bickley Blast - Friday August 29The Arizona Cardinals and San Diego Chargers played one of the most pointless games in NFL history l
- Bickley Blast - Thursday August 28Which Valley football team will win more games this season, the Cardinals or the Sun Devils?
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Dave Pasch - Cardinals commentator - Tuesday August 26Dave Pasch thinks Michael Floyd is a number one receiving target.