Updated Mar 11, 2014 - 6:18 pm
Arizona Cardinals to lose LB Karlos Dansby to Cleveland Browns
AZCentral's Kent Somers tweeted Tuesday that he said he heard the 32-year-old linebacker is headed to the Browns for four years, $24 million. Somers said that Dansby will likely make $10 million in the first year of the deal.
Baltimore Sun reporter Aaron Wilson later tweeted that $12 million of Dansby's deal is guaranteed, and he will get a $6 million signing bonus.
Dansby, spent last season in Arizona after playing the previous three for the Miami Dolphins, whom he left the Cardinals for following the 2009 season.
In 2013, the veteran tallied 122 tackles -- 114 of which were solo -- along with 6.5 sacks, four interceptions and 19 passes defensed.
As far as replacements currently on the roster, 2013 second-round pick Kevin Minter is the likely choice for the Cardinals. As a rookie last season, he appeared in 13 games (mostly on special teams), and made four tackles.
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- All-Access with Bruce Arians: Brown sits out, Starks adds depth, Abraham will be in camp 'soon'
- Arizona Cardinals sign rookie free agent LB Derrell Johnson
- Arizona Cardinals bring in veteran Max Starks for depth, not to replace Bobby Massie
- Arizona Cardinals sign tackle Max Starks, release two
- Arizona Cardinals running back Jonathan Dwyer relishing opportunity in the desert
- Bob McManaman, azcentral sports writer - Friday August 1azcentral sports writer Bob McManaman joins the show at Cardinals training camp.
- John Brown, Cardinals wide receiver - Friday August 1Cardinals rookie wide receiver John Brown says he is different from other rookies.
- Bickley Blast - Friday August 1Are the fortunes of the Arizona Cardinals changing?
- Doug & Wolf Impromptu Power Poll - Friday August 1Doug & Wolf's top 5 things to look for at Cardinals' Fan Fest.
- Jonathan Dwyer, Arizona Cardinals RB - Friday August 1Cardinals RB Jonathan Dwyer talks about coming to a new team.