Updated Mar 11, 2014 - 6:18 pm
Arizona Cardinals to lose LB Karlos Dansby to Cleveland Browns
AZCentral's Kent Somers tweeted Tuesday that he said he heard the 32-year-old linebacker is headed to the Browns for four years, $24 million. Somers said that Dansby will likely make $10 million in the first year of the deal.
Baltimore Sun reporter Aaron Wilson later tweeted that $12 million of Dansby's deal is guaranteed, and he will get a $6 million signing bonus.
Dansby, spent last season in Arizona after playing the previous three for the Miami Dolphins, whom he left the Cardinals for following the 2009 season.
In 2013, the veteran tallied 122 tackles -- 114 of which were solo -- along with 6.5 sacks, four interceptions and 19 passes defensed.
As far as replacements currently on the roster, 2013 second-round pick Kevin Minter is the likely choice for the Cardinals. As a rookie last season, he appeared in 13 games (mostly on special teams), and made four tackles.
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- The Pulse: Two-thirds of voters say Arizona Cardinals should go with a new kicker
- Arizona Cardinals safety Deone Bucannon: clean hits 'something I have to learn'
- Notes from the Nest: Aug. 21, 2014
- Michael Floyd knocking off the rust as he returns to field for Arizona Cardinals
- Cardinals Sunday Night Football game against Bengals sold out
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Cardinals beat writer - Thursday August 21Kent Somers talks about how many touches Andre Ellington should get per game.
- Bruce Arians, Cardinals head coach - Thursday August 21Bruce Arians discusses the importance of Sunday's third preseason game.
- Darren Urban, AZcardinals.com beat writer - Thursday August 21Darren Urban discusses what the Cardinals will do without Darnell Dockett
- Ted Larsen, Cardinals offensive linemen - Thursday August 21Ted Larsen talks about making the move from center to left guard.
- Deone Bucannon- Cardinals safety - Thursday August 21Deone Bucannon talks about finding his role on the Cardinals' defense.