Updated Mar 11, 2014 - 12:03 pm
Report says Andre Roberts agrees to deal with Redskins
The Arizona Cardinals will officially lose wide receiver Andre Roberts Tuesday afternoon.
The Washington Post's Mike Jones tweeted early Tuesday the Washington Redskins and Roberts had agreed to a deal.
Source says the #Redskins and WR Andre Roberts have agreed to a deal.— Mike Jones (@MikeJonesWaPo) March 11, 2014
CBS Sports' Jason La Canfora reported on Twitter that the contract is for four years and roughly $16 million total, with half of that guaranteed.
Due to NFL rules the deal can't be signed until 1 p.m. but contact between teams and players have been going on since the weekend.
Roberts, 26, has 182 receptions, 2,123 yards and 11 touchdowns in four seasons. In 2013 he had 43 catches for 471 yards.
- Arizona Cardinals linebacker Larry Foote says defense is good enough to overcome Darnell Dockett injury
- Notes from the Nest: Aug. 22, 2014
- Arizona Cardinals' DE Calais Campbell: Dockett injury 'sucks,' others need to step up
- A game-time decision, Jonathan Cooper going through learning experience with Arizona Cardinals
- Arizona Cardinals RB Andre Ellington bulks up in anticipation of harder hits this season
- Peter King, SI.com senior NFL writer - Friday August 22Peter King thinks Carson Palmer could have a big year for the Cardinals.
- Michael Floyd, Cardinals wide receiver - Friday August 22Michael Floyd says he thinks he can be the best wide receiver in the NFL.
- Jared Veldheer, Cardinals tackle - Friday August 22Jared Veldheer talks about his road from a Division II college to the NFL.
- Bob McManaman- Arizona Republic senior sportswriter - Friday August 22Bob McManaman believes that Jay Feely is in danger of getting cut from the Cardinals.
- Andre Ellington- Cardinals running back - Friday August 22Andre Ellington looks forward to a break out year with the Arizona Cardinals.