Free agent kicker Jay Feely announces he's re-signed with Arizona Cardinals
"I'm hopeful to be back with Arizona," Feely told Doug and Wolf. "We've talked this week and hopefully we'll get something done before free agency starts.
According to the 37-year-old's Twitter account Monday, his wish has been granted.
Happy to announce I am signed back with the @AZCardinals I never wanted to play with different teammates or for another organization.— Jay Feely (@jayfeely) March 10, 2014
In 2013, Feely connected on 30 of 36 field goal attempts for Arizona, including five measuring 50 yards or longer.
The 13-year veteran has been with the organization since 2010 and in three of four seasons has made at least 83 percent of his field goal tries.
Terms of the deal are currently unknown.
- Arizona Cardinals linebacker Larry Foote says defense is good enough to overcome Darnell Dockett injury
- Notes from the Nest: Aug. 22, 2014
- Arizona Cardinals' DE Calais Campbell: Dockett injury 'sucks,' others need to step up
- A game-time decision, Jonathan Cooper going through learning experience with Arizona Cardinals
- Arizona Cardinals RB Andre Ellington bulks up in anticipation of harder hits this season
- Peter King, SI.com senior NFL writer - Friday August 22Peter King thinks Carson Palmer could have a big year for the Cardinals.
- Michael Floyd, Cardinals wide receiver - Friday August 22Michael Floyd says he thinks he can be the best wide receiver in the NFL.
- Jared Veldheer, Cardinals tackle - Friday August 22Jared Veldheer talks about his road from a Division II college to the NFL.
- Bob McManaman- Arizona Republic senior sportswriter - Friday August 22Bob McManaman believes that Jay Feely is in danger of getting cut from the Cardinals.
- Andre Ellington- Cardinals running back - Friday August 22Andre Ellington looks forward to a break out year with the Arizona Cardinals.