NFL writer: Cardinals could turn attention to Jared Veldheer if Branden Albert heads to Dolphins
Sunday afternoon, ProFootballTalk.com reported that all signs point to free agent left tackle Branden Albert going to the Miami Dolphins.
And if that report turns out to be fact, Aaron Wilson of the Baltimore Sun believes the Arizona Cardinals will turn their attention to a potentially cheaper left tackle candidate, Jared Veldheer.
Sources predict for tackle market: Albert to Dolphins, Veldheer to Cardinals, Saffold to Raiders,. Collins to Buccaneers, Monroe to Ravens— Aaron Wilson (@RavensInsider) March 9, 2014
Veldheer, a third-round pick by the Oakland Raiders out of Division II Hillsdale College in 2010, started 32 straight games for the silver and black from 2011-12.
In 2013, the 6-foot-8 lineman started the final five games, but spent most of the season on the sidelines due to a torn triceps injury sustained during the preseason.
- Cardinals receive 'B' offseason grade from USA Today
- NFL.com's Rosenthal: Calais Campbell among NFL's most underrated players
- Arizona Cardinals' Andre Ellington tops ESPN list of breakout candidates
- Ron Jaworski: Arizona Cardinals' Carson Palmer 20th-best QB in NFL
- NFL.com writers: Arizona Cardinals' Larry Fitzgerald 'primed to regress in 2014'
- Dr. Cynthia Arnson - Immigration and Central America Expert - Tuesday July 22Why are we seeing this influx of immigrant minors?
- Mike Sando, ESPN NFL insider - Tuesday July 22ESPN NFL insider Mike Sando gives updates from around the NFC West as teams head into training camp.
- Lorenzo Alexander, AZ Cardinals linebacker - Friday July 18Cardinals linebacker Lorenzo Alexander talks about team expectations for 2014.
- John McClain, Houston Chronicle sportswriter - Friday July 11Houston Chronicle sportswriter John McClain talks about the Rockets’ offseason.
- Steve Keim, AZ Cardinals GM - Friday June 20Keim discusses his players progress so far and his anticipation of future signings.