NFL writer: Cardinals could turn attention to Jared Veldheer if Branden Albert heads to Dolphins
Sunday afternoon, ProFootballTalk.com reported that all signs point to free agent left tackle Branden Albert going to the Miami Dolphins.
And if that report turns out to be fact, Aaron Wilson of the Baltimore Sun believes the Arizona Cardinals will turn their attention to a potentially cheaper left tackle candidate, Jared Veldheer.
Sources predict for tackle market: Albert to Dolphins, Veldheer to Cardinals, Saffold to Raiders,. Collins to Buccaneers, Monroe to Ravens— Aaron Wilson (@RavensInsider) March 9, 2014
Veldheer, a third-round pick by the Oakland Raiders out of Division II Hillsdale College in 2010, started 32 straight games for the silver and black from 2011-12.
In 2013, the 6-foot-8 lineman started the final five games, but spent most of the season on the sidelines due to a torn triceps injury sustained during the preseason.
- Arizona Cardinals begin camp with confidence and optimism
- Arizona Cardinals' Tyrann Mathieu takes another step closer to returning to the field
- Cardinals ILB Kevin Minter on trying to replace Karlos Dansby: 'It's going to be like college again'
- Carson Palmer: Arizona Cardinals need to run the football to win in the NFC West
- Carson Palmer: Arizona Cardinals are 'completely different team' from last year
- Kent Somers- AZCentral Sports - Friday July 25AZCentral Sports Cardinals beat writer Kent Somers discusses some of the challenges facing the Cardi
- Kevin Minter-Cardinals linebacker - Friday July 25Arizona Cardinals linebacker Kevin Minter discusses his new role this upcoming season.
- Bickley Blast - Friday July 25The Cardinals kick off training camp with high expectations.
- Impromptu Power Poll - Friday July 25What are the top 5 position battles for the AZ Cardinals heading into training camp?
- Carson Palmer, AZ Cardinals QB - Friday July 25Cardinals QB Carson Palmer describes the key to this offense winning games.