NFL writer: Cardinals could turn attention to Jared Veldheer if Branden Albert heads to Dolphins
Sunday afternoon, ProFootballTalk.com reported that all signs point to free agent left tackle Branden Albert going to the Miami Dolphins.
And if that report turns out to be fact, Aaron Wilson of the Baltimore Sun believes the Arizona Cardinals will turn their attention to a potentially cheaper left tackle candidate, Jared Veldheer.
Sources predict for tackle market: Albert to Dolphins, Veldheer to Cardinals, Saffold to Raiders,. Collins to Buccaneers, Monroe to Ravens— Aaron Wilson (@RavensInsider) March 9, 2014
Veldheer, a third-round pick by the Oakland Raiders out of Division II Hillsdale College in 2010, started 32 straight games for the silver and black from 2011-12.
In 2013, the 6-foot-8 lineman started the final five games, but spent most of the season on the sidelines due to a torn triceps injury sustained during the preseason.
- Notes from the Nest: Aug. 1, 2014
- Arizona Cardinals LB John Abraham releases statement on June DUI arrest
- Arizona Cardinals' Jay Feely on proposal to push PATs back: 'There's going to be a lot more injuries'
- Cardinals rookie receiver John Brown doing more than relying on physical talents in training camp
- All-Access with Bruce Arians: Brown sits out, Starks adds depth, Abraham will be in camp 'soon'
- Kareem Martin, Arizona Cardinals defensive end - Friday August 1Arizona Cardinals’ defensive end Kareem Martin speaks on his first NFL training camp experience.
- Tony Jefferson, Arizona Cardinals safety - Friday August 1Arizona Cardinals’ safety Tony Jefferson discusses training camp improvements.
- Bob McManaman, azcentral sports writer - Friday August 1azcentral sports writer Bob McManaman joins the show at Cardinals training camp.
- John Brown, Cardinals wide receiver - Friday August 1Cardinals rookie wide receiver John Brown says he is different from other rookies.
- Bickley Blast - Friday August 1Are the fortunes of the Arizona Cardinals changing?