Kicker Jay Feely wants to be back with Arizona Cardinals
The veteran kicker made 30-of-36 field goal attempts, but had crucial misses in losses to St. Louis and San Francisco. Wins in those games likely would have made the Cardinals a playoff team.
Feely is also a free agent, making his future in the Valley very much an uncertainty. However, there is no mystery surrounding where Feely would like to play in 2014.
"I'm hopeful to be back with Arizona," Feely told Doug and Wolf Thursday on Arizona Sports 98.7 FM. "We've talked this week and hopefully we'll get something done before free agency starts.
"I was disappointed with how the season ended last year and obviously they were disappointed in the last game -- you know, missing those two kicks -- and that kind of sticks with you, it sticks with everybody, but I've been very happy with the way that I've felt, the way that I've progressed in my career, and hopefully I get a chance."
In four years with the Cardinals, Feely has connected on 85.2 percent (98-of-115) of his field goal attempts and has yet to miss an extra point (124-of-124).
"The one thing I told (general manager) Steve Keim was that I love the direction of this team. I love the make-up, the leaders, the young guys at key positions throughout most of this team both offensively and defensively," Feely said. "I think it's primed for some really exciting things and I want to be a part of that."
Vince Marotta, Co-host - Bickley & Marotta, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Arizona Cardinals RB Andre Ellington 'physically ready for that pounding' he expects this season
- Reunited with Bruce Arians, Arizona Cardinals tackle Max Starks looking forward to new challenges
- All-Access with Arians: Jobs still up for grabs, cuts will be difficult
- What I Saw -- Thursday, Aug. 21
- The Pulse: Two-thirds of voters say Arizona Cardinals should go with a new kicker
- Peter King, SI.com senior NFL writer - Friday August 22Peter King thinks Carson Palmer could have a big year for the Cardinals.
- Michael Floyd, Cardinals wide receiver - Friday August 22Michael Floyd says he thinks he can be the best wide receiver in the NFL.
- Jared Veldheer, Cardinals tackle - Friday August 22Jared Veldheer talks about his road from a Division II college to the NFL.
- Bob McManaman- Arizona Republic senior sportswriter - Friday August 22Bob McManaman believes that Jay Feely is in danger of getting cut from the Cardinals.
- Andre Ellington- Cardinals running back - Friday August 22Andre Ellington looks forward to a break out year with the Arizona Cardinals.