Cardinals' head coach Bruce Arians hosts 2014 Celebrity Golf Classic
Now, Arians will try to tackle an even bigger problem troubling the state and its children.
The Arians Family Foundation (AFF) will host the inaugural Arizona Golf Classic in Scottsdale, March 7-9, to help children that are involved in the court system as a result of abuse or neglect by their families.
The event will raise money to bring CASAs (court-appointed special advocates) to the kids who need a voice.
"It looks like it's going to be a great start here in Arizona," Arians told Doug and Wolf on Arizona Sports 98.7 FM. "We're trying to have a benefit for CASA. My wife Christine was a CASA for 15 years and I saw firsthand how you can change one life at a time. We have 10,000 children in foster care in Maricopa County and they need our help."
The AFF was founded last year by Arians, alongside his wife, Christine. The foundation motto, "A Voice For Children," does just that -- giving the help and resources that children need for a successful future.
"We're trying to raise enough money so we can train more CASAs so that each child can have a voice," Arians said. "That's the one stable factor in most of their lives.
"I've seen what Christine has done with a number of kids who really had no future and I know two right now who are in college and have a future. We want to be that voice for them and that person that's stable in their life."
Among those expected to attend are Peyton Manning, Andrew Luck, Carson Palmer, Larry Fitzgerald, Tyrann Mathieu and Patrick Peterson.
"A lot of the guys are coming in are looking forward to having a great time," Arians said. "The Kierland Westin is a fantastic facility and it's going to be a great time. Also, LeAnn Rimes is going to come out and sing the National Anthem and sing a few songs afterwards."
- Cardinals' Dockett: Peterson will 'definitely be a future Hall of Famer'
- Former Cardinals quarterback Kurt Warner thankful for patience of fans, organization
- Notes from the Nest: July 30, 2014
- Arizona Cardinals to host Fan Fest this weekend
- All-Access with Bruce Arians: Extra points experiment will be fun, may add excitement
- Paul Fanaika, Arizona Cardinals offensive guard - Wednesday July 30The Arizona Cardinals’ offensive guard Paul Fanaika joins the show to discuss training camp.
- Kurt Warner, NFL Network analyst - Wednesday July 30NFL Network analyst Kurt Warner discusses Arizona Cardinals' training camp.
- Patrick Peterson, Arizona Cardinals cornerback - Wednesday July 30Arizona Cardinals' defensive cornerback Patrick Peterson discusses his new contract extension.
- Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Wednesday July 30Johnny Manziel struggles in practice.
- Pete Prisco- CBS NFL Analyst - Wednesday July 30Pete Prisco talks about the top cornerbacks in the NFL.