Updated Feb 25, 2014 - 9:03 am
Report: Tackle Branden Albert a 'high priority' for Arizona Cardinals
It was a need last season. And the one before that. The one before that, too. You get the picture. But the Cardinals may finally be close to a viable solution at the position.
NFL.com's Ian Rapoport reported Monday the Cardinals have made Kansas City Chiefs tackle Branden Albert a "high priority" in free agency, though there is a chance the Chiefs may re-sign the seven-year pro out of Virginia.
"They're not picking high enough to get one of those elite guys," ESPN.com's Mike Sando told Burns and Gambo on Arizona Sports 98.7 FM Monday.
"I think Albert may get a little overpaid. But when you've been where Arizona's been at left tackle, I think I could justify overpaying for above average. I think that's what you're getting with him and why Kansas City isn't expected to re-sign him."
NFL.com rates Albert as the best available offensive tackle this offseason. Albert was the No. 15 overall pick in the 2008 draft, but he has battled injuries throughout his career.
- Notes from the Nest: July 27, 2014
- Cardinals CB Patrick Peterson reasserts self as NFL's best
- Earl Watford, Paul Fanaika battling for Arizona Cardinals' right guard job
- Patrick Peterson 'relieved' of offensive, special teams duties with Arizona Cardinals
- Arizona Cardinals TE Troy Niklas forced to play catch-up
- Kent Somers- AZCentral Sports - Friday July 25AZCentral Sports Cardinals beat writer Kent Somers discusses some of the challenges facing the Cardi
- Kevin Minter-Cardinals linebacker - Friday July 25Arizona Cardinals linebacker Kevin Minter discusses his new role this upcoming season.
- Bickley Blast - Friday July 25The Cardinals kick off training camp with high expectations.
- Impromptu Power Poll - Friday July 25What are the top 5 position battles for the AZ Cardinals heading into training camp?
- Carson Palmer, AZ Cardinals QB - Friday July 25Cardinals QB Carson Palmer describes the key to this offense winning games.