ESPN: How do the Arizona Cardinals surpass the Seahawks and 49ers?
The folks over at ESPN.com produced an Insider piece going over the top 50.
Talking about all the issues -- be it in the draft, free agency or otherwise -- the panel came up with one that every Arizona Cardinal fan has probably been asking about for a while.
And it just so happened to be No. 13 on the list.
13. How the heck do the Arizona Cardinals pull ahead of San Francisco and Seattle?
Sando: The Cardinals need to replenish their offensive line and add a speed element to their receiving corps. They can worry about upgrading at quarterback another time. Carson Palmer has done enough to remain the best option for the coming season. The line will definitely improve with Jonathan Cooper's return from injury and when Arizona addresses its tackle situation. At receiver, coach Bruce Arians needs a Mike Wallace type. Look for the Cardinals to seek one in the draft while considering options in free agency.
Indeed, at least the Cardinals don't appear to need a quarterback, meaning they can focus their attention on addressing other areas of the team.
And with the defending Super Bowl champions as well as the team they barely beat in the NFC Championship Game residing in their division, it would seem the Cardinals have quite a challenge ahead of them.
Also noted by the panel is the recovery from injury for Tyrann Mathieu and the Larry Fitzgerald trade rumors.
But as it stands now, the most pressing issue would appear to be the one the team may have the least control over.
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Forbes: Larry Fitzgerald among most overpaid players in NFL
- Notes from the Nest: Aug. 20, 2014
- Cardinals linebacker Lorenzo Alexander defends Daniel Snyder but thinks Redskins should change name
- New Arizona Cardinals defensive lineman Isaac Sopoaga thrown right into the mix
- Arizona Cardinals' Tyrann Mathieu practices for the first time this season
- Lyle Sendlein, Cardinals center - Wednesday August 20Lyle Sendlein talks about coming back from his injury and the loss of Darnell Dockett.
- Jake Plummer- Former Cardinals and Sun Devils quarterback - Wednesday August 20Jake Plummer says Johnny Manziel is just passionate about the game of football.
- Lorenzo Alexander- Cardinals linebacker - Wednesday August 20Lorenzo Alexander discusses having to step up to fill the voids left by injuries and free agents lea
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday August 20The NFL has a new problem on their hands, and it has to do with the Redskins.
- Larry Fitzgerald, AZ Cardinals WR - Wednesday August 20Doug & Wolf ask Fitz about the Cardinals offense and about his future in Arizona.