ESPN: How do the Arizona Cardinals surpass the Seahawks and 49ers?
The folks over at ESPN.com produced an Insider piece going over the top 50.
Talking about all the issues -- be it in the draft, free agency or otherwise -- the panel came up with one that every Arizona Cardinal fan has probably been asking about for a while.
And it just so happened to be No. 13 on the list.
13. How the heck do the Arizona Cardinals pull ahead of San Francisco and Seattle?
Sando: The Cardinals need to replenish their offensive line and add a speed element to their receiving corps. They can worry about upgrading at quarterback another time. Carson Palmer has done enough to remain the best option for the coming season. The line will definitely improve with Jonathan Cooper's return from injury and when Arizona addresses its tackle situation. At receiver, coach Bruce Arians needs a Mike Wallace type. Look for the Cardinals to seek one in the draft while considering options in free agency.
Indeed, at least the Cardinals don't appear to need a quarterback, meaning they can focus their attention on addressing other areas of the team.
And with the defending Super Bowl champions as well as the team they barely beat in the NFC Championship Game residing in their division, it would seem the Cardinals have quite a challenge ahead of them.
Also noted by the panel is the recovery from injury for Tyrann Mathieu and the Larry Fitzgerald trade rumors.
But as it stands now, the most pressing issue would appear to be the one the team may have the least control over.
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Arizona Cardinals teammates react to Patrick Peterson's contract extension
- Patrick Peterson's new contract compared to other top NFL cornerbacks
- Notes from the Nest: July 29, 2014
- Arizona Cardinals, Patrick Peterson agree on extension
- Arizona Cardinals' Deone Bucannon supplies the highlight of Tuesday's practice
- Justin Bethel, Cardinals cornerback - Tuesday July 29Justin Bethel discusses his role on special teams and how training camp has gone so far.
- Pete Prisco, Senior NFL Columnist - Tuesday July 29Senior NFL columnist for CBS Pete Prisco shares his thoughts on how the Cardinals stack against othe
- Stepfan Taylor, Cardinals running back - Tuesday July 29Cardinals running back Stepfan Taylor talks training camp and his expanded role on offense.
- Lorenzo Alexander- Cardinals linebacker - Monday July 28Lorenzo Alexander gives his take on replacing Daryl Washington and praises former teammate London Fl
- Darren Urban, Arizona Cardinals reporter - Monday July 28Cardinals reporter Darren Urban discusses team improvements and which player he thinks will have a b