Updated Feb 3, 2014 - 6:14 pm
Former Cardinals, Sun Devils quiet in Super Bowl XLVIII
For the Seahawks, former Arizona State tight end Zach Miller caught one of the two passes that came his way. Denver tried an onside kick at the beginning of the fourth quarter, and the 28-year-old former Sun Devil secured the ball and didn't try to advance. A couple of plays later, he had his lone catch of the game for 10 yards, which helped Seattle continue a drive in which Russell Wilson threw a touchdown pass to Doug Baldwin for 10 yards.
Former Arizona Cardinal O'Brien Schofield had a quiet evening but picked up a tackle for loss with about five minutes left in the fourth quarter. Schofield spent his first three seasons with Arizona before joining the Seahawks for the 2013 campaign.
The Broncos, who were blown out 43-8, sported four players with Arizona connections in the showdown.
Former Cardinals linebacker Paris Lenon recorded two tackles in the big game, but also left the contest in the second half due to a rib injury. Twenty-seven-year-old cornerback Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie, who was drafted by the Cardinals and played his first three seasons with Big Red, recorded one solo tackle Sunday in New Jersey.
Former Sun Devils quarterback Brock Osweiler and safety Omar Bolden did not put up any numbers on the stat sheet for the Broncos, unless you count the late hit Seattle's Ricardo Lockette delivered on Bolden in the first quarter to get whistled for unnecessary roughness.
- Arizona Cardinals kicker Jay Feely 'grateful' for chance to keep kicking
- Arizona Cardinals wide receiver Michael Floyd to make preseason debut Sunday vs. Bengals
- Report: Arizona Cardinals to work out Isaac Sopoaga
- Arizona Cardinals RB Andre Ellington excited to see more action in next preseason game
- Arizona Cardinals safety Tyrann Mathieu, nose tackle Alameda Ta'amu activated from PUP list
- Kent Somers- azcentral sports Cardinals beat writer - Tuesday August 19Kent Somers discusses how the Cardinals plan to fill the hole left by the Darnell Dockett injury.
- Larry Fitzgerald- Cardinals receiver - Tuesday August 19Larry Fitzgerald explains the value of Darnell Dockett to the Arizona Cardinals franchise.
- Bickley Blast - Tuesday August 19The weather in Phoenix matches the mood as Darnell Dockett is done for the season.
- Dave Pasch, NFL and college football analyst - Tuesday August 19Dave Pasch discusses the Cardinals losing Darnell Dockett for the season.
- Frank Caliendo, comedian & impressionist - Tuesday August 19Frank Caliendo makes us laugh and we count how many famous names he drops in his stories!