Updated Feb 3, 2014 - 6:14 pm
Former Cardinals, Sun Devils quiet in Super Bowl XLVIII
For the Seahawks, former Arizona State tight end Zach Miller caught one of the two passes that came his way. Denver tried an onside kick at the beginning of the fourth quarter, and the 28-year-old former Sun Devil secured the ball and didn't try to advance. A couple of plays later, he had his lone catch of the game for 10 yards, which helped Seattle continue a drive in which Russell Wilson threw a touchdown pass to Doug Baldwin for 10 yards.
Former Arizona Cardinal O'Brien Schofield had a quiet evening but picked up a tackle for loss with about five minutes left in the fourth quarter. Schofield spent his first three seasons with Arizona before joining the Seahawks for the 2013 campaign.
The Broncos, who were blown out 43-8, sported four players with Arizona connections in the showdown.
Former Cardinals linebacker Paris Lenon recorded two tackles in the big game, but also left the contest in the second half due to a rib injury. Twenty-seven-year-old cornerback Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie, who was drafted by the Cardinals and played his first three seasons with Big Red, recorded one solo tackle Sunday in New Jersey.
Former Sun Devils quarterback Brock Osweiler and safety Omar Bolden did not put up any numbers on the stat sheet for the Broncos, unless you count the late hit Seattle's Ricardo Lockette delivered on Bolden in the first quarter to get whistled for unnecessary roughness.
- CBS Sports' Prisco: Re-signing Karlos Dansby not imperative for Cardinals
- Arizona Cardinals re-sign NT Alameda Ta'amu
- Arizona Cardinals hire former Olympic runner Roger Kingdom as assistant trainer
- Jay Feely sounds off on proposed extra point changes
- Kicker Jay Feely wants to be back with Arizona Cardinals
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Sports Cardinals beat writer - Thursday March 6Kent Somers discusses the Cardinals' efforts to sign Karlos Dansby.
- Pete Prisco, CBSSports.com NFL writer - Thursday March 6Pete Prisco of CBS Sports discusses the NFL offseason and the NFL draft.
- Jay Feely, Cardinals kicker - Thursday March 6Would a change to the extra point actually hinder player safety?
- Dave Pasch, ESPN play-by-play announcer - Tuesday March 4Dave Pasch, ESPN play-by-play announcer, discusses UA and ASU basketball.
- It's Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Monday March 3Get off Paul's Lawn!