Updated Jan 27, 2014 - 8:36 am
Former Arizona QB Foles named Pro Bowl Offensive MVP, Peterson picks off pass
Philadelphia Eagles quarterback Nick Foles completed 7-of-10 passes for 89 yards and threw for a touchdown in his first appearance in Honolulu, and while he and Team Sanders fell in a 22-21 heartbreaker against Team Rice, the former University of Arizona standout was named the game's Offensive MVP.
Former Arizona State linebacker Vontaze Burfict also had himself quite a day, picking off one pass and recording five tackles.
As for the four representatives of the pro team in town, Peterson celebrated his third appearance in the NFL's annual All-Star Game with two pass deflections and an interception on a Phillip Rivers' pass in the second quarter of the back-and-forth affair.
Special teams standout Justin Bethel was up to his usual tricks, recording two total tackles, including a nifty one on Cordarrelle Patterson inside his own 11-yard line.
As for Abraham and Fitzgerald, who made their 13th collective appearance in the Pro Bowl Sunday, the veterans had quiet afternoons. Abraham had one tackle, while Fitzgerald was held without a catch.
- Cardinals Sunday Night Football game against Bengals sold out
- All-Access with Arians: Running game is fine, defense is better than last year
- John Abraham feels good after first practice, confident he'll be ready soon
- Arizona Cardinals release DT Anthony McCloud
- Forbes: Larry Fitzgerald among most overpaid players in NFL
- Deone Bucannon- Cardinals safety - Thursday August 21Deone Bucannon talks about finding his role on the Cardinals' defense.
- Bickley Blast - Thursday August 21Bruce Arians loves the look of his defense at this point in training camp.
- Calais Campbell, AZ Cardinals DE - Thursday August 21Calais talks about the state of the Cardinals defense.
- Lyle Sendlein, Cardinals center - Wednesday August 20Lyle Sendlein talks about coming back from his injury and the loss of Darnell Dockett.
- Jake Plummer- Former Cardinals and Sun Devils quarterback - Wednesday August 20Jake Plummer says Johnny Manziel is just passionate about the game of football.