USA Today honors Arizona Cardinals' Karlos Dansby and Calais Campbell
Campbell, in his sixth year with the team, posted a career-high 9 sacks to go along with 58 total tackles. He was one of the best defensive linemen in the NFL, constantly wreaking havoc on opposing offenses.
And Dansby was a monster in his return to the desert, tallying 122 total tackles with 6.5 sacks and 4 interceptions, two of which he returned for touchdowns.
Unfortunately, neither was selected to participate in the Pro Bowl, but that doesn't mean their efforts went completely unnoticed.
Friday, USA Today's Nate Davis honored both players as part of his 22nd All-Joe Team.
The team is meant to recognize the league's unsung players, guys who had great impacts but have never been to the Pro Bowl.
Of Campbell, Davis writes:
The best 3-4 end in the NFL not named J.J. Watt, Campbell posted a career-best nine sacks while crushing tailbacks for the NFL's top run defense. He also excels at blocking kicks with his 6-8 frame.
And of Dansby, he notes:
Returned to the desert after three years in Miami and turned in his best season. His career-high 114 solo tackles complemented 6.5 sacks. He also picked off four passes (returning two for scores) and broke up 19 passes, tied for most among linebackers.
There's little doubt both Campbell and Dansby would rather be celebrating their respective seasons by playing in the Pro Bowl, but it's nice to know their 2013 efforts weren't completely ignored.
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Arizona Cardinals kicker Jay Feely 'grateful' for chance to keep kicking
- Arizona Cardinals wide receiver Michael Floyd to make preseason debut Sunday vs. Bengals
- Report: Arizona Cardinals to work out Isaac Sopoaga
- Arizona Cardinals RB Andre Ellington excited to see more action in next preseason game
- Arizona Cardinals safety Tyrann Mathieu, nose tackle Alameda Ta'amu activated from PUP list
- Kent Somers- azcentral sports Cardinals beat writer - Tuesday August 19Kent Somers discusses how the Cardinals plan to fill the hole left by the Darnell Dockett injury.
- Larry Fitzgerald- Cardinals receiver - Tuesday August 19Larry Fitzgerald explains the value of Darnell Dockett to the Arizona Cardinals franchise.
- Bickley Blast - Tuesday August 19The weather in Phoenix matches the mood as Darnell Dockett is done for the season.
- Dave Pasch, NFL and college football analyst - Tuesday August 19Dave Pasch discusses the Cardinals losing Darnell Dockett for the season.
- Frank Caliendo, comedian & impressionist - Tuesday August 19Frank Caliendo makes us laugh and we count how many famous names he drops in his stories!