Updated Jan 21, 2014 - 4:41 pm
Arizona Cardinals lose Jason Licht to the Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Though they were able to keep defensive coordinator Todd Bowles, it was reported early Tuesday that they were not so lucky with regards to Vice President, Player Personnel Jason Licht.
The Buccaneers confirmed the report later in the day.
"We are excited to welcome Jason Licht as the new general manager of the Buccaneers," said Buccaneers Co-Chairman Joel Glazer. "Jason is a seasoned NFL personnel veteran who has worked with some of the most accomplished individuals in professional football while contributing to success in New England, Philadelphia and Arizona. His strong player personnel background provides the ideal complement to Lovie Smith's philosophy as our head coach. We look forward to working with Jason and Lovie as we set the foundation and chart the course for the future of Buccaneers football."
Licht had just finished his third year with the Cardinals and first in the role of vice president, player personnel. He had an important role in scouting (professional and college) as well as contract negotiations.
Before working with the Cardinals, Licht had been employed by the Philadelphia Eagles and New England Patriots.
- The Pulse: Two-thirds of voters say Arizona Cardinals should go with a new kicker
- Arizona Cardinals safety Deone Bucannon: clean hits 'something I have to learn'
- Notes from the Nest: Aug. 21, 2014
- Michael Floyd knocking off the rust as he returns to field for Arizona Cardinals
- Cardinals Sunday Night Football game against Bengals sold out
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Cardinals beat writer - Thursday August 21Kent Somers talks about how many touches Andre Ellington should get per game.
- Bruce Arians, Cardinals head coach - Thursday August 21Bruce Arians discusses the importance of Sunday's third preseason game.
- Darren Urban, AZcardinals.com beat writer - Thursday August 21Darren Urban discusses what the Cardinals will do without Darnell Dockett
- Ted Larsen, Cardinals offensive linemen - Thursday August 21Ted Larsen talks about making the move from center to left guard.
- Deone Bucannon- Cardinals safety - Thursday August 21Deone Bucannon talks about finding his role on the Cardinals' defense.