Cardinals Rewind: Five years since NFC Championship win over Eagles
Whatever time measurement used will suffice, because either way that's how long it's been since the Arizona Cardinals outlasted the Philadelphia Eagles in a thrilling 32-25 NFC Championship Game victory at University of Phoenix Stadium.
The sights are still very clear, even though the team has had just two winning seasons -- including a 10-6 campaign in 2013 -- since.
There were the three first-half touchdown passes from Cardinals quarterback Kurt Warner to wide receiver Larry Fitzgerald, including a 62-yarder that involved more than a little trickery.
The 19 unanswered points put up by Philadelphia to begin the second half on three touchdown passes by Donovan McNabb to Brent Celek (twice) and Desean Jackson.
And, of course, the 14-play, 72-yard drive by Arizona, capped off by an eight-yard touchdown connection between Kurt Warner and running back Tim Hightower with 2:53 remaining.
The Cardinals would secure their first and only trip to the Super Bowl with two more defensive stops following Hightower's touchdown -- one on which came on a 4th and 10 at the Arizona 47 with 1:51 left in the game.
Here's the reaction Cardinals play-by-play announcer Dave Pasch and color analyst Ron Wolfley had following the incomplete pass intended for Eagles wide receiver Kevin Curtis.
- Arizona Cardinals teammates react to Patrick Peterson's contract extension
- Patrick Peterson's new contract compared to other top NFL cornerbacks
- Notes from the Nest: July 29, 2014
- Arizona Cardinals, Patrick Peterson agree on extension
- Arizona Cardinals' Deone Bucannon supplies the highlight of Tuesday's practice
- Justin Bethel, Cardinals cornerback - Tuesday July 29Justin Bethel discusses his role on special teams and how training camp has gone so far.
- Pete Prisco, Senior NFL Columnist - Tuesday July 29Senior NFL columnist for CBS Pete Prisco shares his thoughts on how the Cardinals stack against othe
- Stepfan Taylor, Cardinals running back - Tuesday July 29Cardinals running back Stepfan Taylor talks training camp and his expanded role on offense.
- Lorenzo Alexander- Cardinals linebacker - Monday July 28Lorenzo Alexander gives his take on replacing Daryl Washington and praises former teammate London Fl
- Darren Urban, Arizona Cardinals reporter - Monday July 28Cardinals reporter Darren Urban discusses team improvements and which player he thinks will have a b