Report: Todd Bowles tells Cleveland Browns to remove him from consideration
Arizona Cardinals defensive coordinator Todd Bowles interviewed with both the Cleveland Browns and Minnesota Vikings regarding their head coaching vacancies, but is apparently no longer interested in at least one of the jobs.
Cardinals DC Todd Bowles has told the Browns to withdraw his name from their list of HC candidates, source tells @FOXSports1.— Mike Garafolo (@MikeGarafolo) January 14, 2014
If true, it would appear that Bowles is only in line for the Minnesota job, where Cincinnati Bengals DC Mike Zimmer is thought to be the frontrunner.
The reason for Bowles removing his name could range from feeling like he was not going to get the job and saving face to perhaps deciding he did not want to be the head coach of the Cleveland Browns.
Whatever it is, the Cardinals would certainly be happy to have him back next season to try and continue building what has become one of the NFL's best defenses.
- Rashard Mendenhall to retire, teams told
- Daryn Colledge tweets of his release from Cardinals
- Fox Sports NFL insider: 'Player's coach' Arians makes Arizona Cardinals a prime destination
- ESPN writer: John Carlson signing risky for Cardinals, but worth the reward
- Darnell Dockett tweets that Branden Albert is 'new teammate'
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Sports Cardinals beat writer - Thursday March 6Kent Somers discusses the Cardinals' efforts to sign Karlos Dansby.
- Pete Prisco, CBSSports.com NFL writer - Thursday March 6Pete Prisco of CBS Sports discusses the NFL offseason and the NFL draft.
- Jay Feely, Cardinals kicker - Thursday March 6Would a change to the extra point actually hinder player safety?
- Dave Pasch, ESPN play-by-play announcer - Tuesday March 4Dave Pasch, ESPN play-by-play announcer, discusses UA and ASU basketball.
- It's Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Monday March 3Get off Paul's Lawn!