Arizona Cardinals sign Brett Brackett, Andre Hardy and Christian Johnson to future contracts
Brackett, a tight end who spent last training camp with the Jacksonville Jaguars, originally joined the Miami Dolphins as an undrafted rookie free agent out of Penn State in 2011. While in college, Brackett played in 52 games and tallied 56 receptions for 714 yards and seven touchdowns.
Also a tight end, the 6-6oot-6, 245-pound Hardy played college basketball at Cal State Fullerton. He signed with the Oakland Raiders in April of 2012, but was released a month later. The Big West Conference Newcomer of the Year as a junior, he averaged 10.6 points and 8.5 rebounds per game.
Johnson was in the Arena League the last three seasons, including 2013 when he was with the Philadelphia Soul. He played collegiately at Kentucky, appearing in 36 games (15 starts) at guard.
- Arizona Cardinals release DT Anthony McCloud
- Forbes: Larry Fitzgerald among most overpaid players in NFL
- Notes from the Nest: Aug. 20, 2014
- Cardinals linebacker Lorenzo Alexander defends Daniel Snyder but thinks Redskins should change name
- New Arizona Cardinals defensive lineman Isaac Sopoaga thrown right into the mix
- Calais Campbell, AZ Cardinals DE - Thursday August 21Calais talks about the state of the Cardinals defense.
- Lyle Sendlein, Cardinals center - Wednesday August 20Lyle Sendlein talks about coming back from his injury and the loss of Darnell Dockett.
- Jake Plummer- Former Cardinals and Sun Devils quarterback - Wednesday August 20Jake Plummer says Johnny Manziel is just passionate about the game of football.
- Lorenzo Alexander- Cardinals linebacker - Wednesday August 20Lorenzo Alexander discusses having to step up to fill the voids left by injuries and free agents lea
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday August 20The NFL has a new problem on their hands, and it has to do with the Redskins.