Updated Jan 6, 2014 - 3:49 pm
Vikings GM visits Arizona to meet with Cardinals' defensive coordinator Todd Bowles
Bowles, who has already interviewed with the Cleveland Browns regarding their head coaching position, is also expected to interview with the Detroit Lions soon.
While the Tampa Bay Buccaneers and Houston Texans have already filled their openings, the firing of Tennessee Titans head coach Mike Munchak over the weekend opened yet another job for which Bowles may garner consideration.
The 50-year-old coordinator, who has three games' head coaching experience as an interim with the Miami Dolphins, figures to be an oft-mentioned candidate the performance of his defense in 2013, his first year with the team. Arizona ranked first in the NFL against the run and sixth in total defense. They were among the NFL's best in sacks and takeaways.
"I know Todd is going to get interviews, and rightfully so," Cardinals coach Bruce Arians said following the season.
The Associated Press contributed to this story.
- Paul Fanaika, Arizona Cardinals offensive guard - Wednesday July 30The Arizona Cardinals’ offensive guard Paul Fanaika joins the show to discuss training camp.
- Kurt Warner, NFL Network analyst - Wednesday July 30NFL Network analyst Kurt Warner discusses Arizona Cardinals' training camp.
- Patrick Peterson, Arizona Cardinals cornerback - Wednesday July 30Arizona Cardinals' defensive cornerback Patrick Peterson discusses his new contract extension.
- Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Wednesday July 30Johnny Manziel struggles in practice.
- Pete Prisco- CBS NFL Analyst - Wednesday July 30Pete Prisco talks about the top cornerbacks in the NFL.