Updated Jan 6, 2014 - 3:49 pm
Vikings GM visits Arizona to meet with Cardinals' defensive coordinator Todd Bowles
Bowles, who has already interviewed with the Cleveland Browns regarding their head coaching position, is also expected to interview with the Detroit Lions soon.
While the Tampa Bay Buccaneers and Houston Texans have already filled their openings, the firing of Tennessee Titans head coach Mike Munchak over the weekend opened yet another job for which Bowles may garner consideration.
The 50-year-old coordinator, who has three games' head coaching experience as an interim with the Miami Dolphins, figures to be an oft-mentioned candidate the performance of his defense in 2013, his first year with the team. Arizona ranked first in the NFL against the run and sixth in total defense. They were among the NFL's best in sacks and takeaways.
"I know Todd is going to get interviews, and rightfully so," Cardinals coach Bruce Arians said following the season.
The Associated Press contributed to this story.
- John McClain, NFL insider - Thursday April 17Who will the Texans draft?
- Daniel Jeremiah, NFL.com writer - Tuesday April 15NFL.com writer Daniel Jeremiah talks about the NFL draft.
- Kurt Warner, NFL Network analyst - Tuesday April 15Which quarterback will be taken first in the NFL Draft?
- Michael Bidwill, Cardinals' president - Wednesday April 9Cardinals president Michael Bidwill discuses the getting the 2015 NFL Pro Bowl.
- Roger Kingdom, Arizona Cardinals' Speed Coach - Monday April 7Roger Kingdom talks about translating muscle gained to the field without slowing the players down.