Report: NFL has not decided to expand playoffs
The way things worked out, even an 11th win would not have been enough. Over the last few days, word has come out that the NFL is possibly looking into changing the playoffs format to allow an extra team from each conference to be a Wild Card, which is the type of format that would have gotten the Cardinals into the postseason this year.
Of course, any such change would not help for this season, but regardless, according to NFL.com's Marc Sessler no decision has been made yet.
A league spokesman told NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport on Monday that "no such decision" has been made about adding a wild-card team to each conference.
"It would require a vote of the clubs and it has not yet been taken up with them," the spokesman said.
The NFL may also look into the idea of reseeding the playoff teams.
- Cardinals Sunday Night Football game against Bengals sold out
- All-Access with Arians: Running game is fine, defense is better than last year
- John Abraham feels good after first practice, confident he'll be ready soon
- Arizona Cardinals release DT Anthony McCloud
- Forbes: Larry Fitzgerald among most overpaid players in NFL
- Darren Urban, AZcardinals.com beat writer - Thursday August 21Darren Urban discusses what the Cardinals will do without Darnell Dockett
- Ted Larsen, Cardinals offensive linemen - Thursday August 21Ted Larsen talks about making the move from center to left guard.
- Deone Bucannon- Cardinals safety - Thursday August 21Deone Bucannon talks about finding his role on the Cardinals' defense.
- Bickley Blast - Thursday August 21Bruce Arians loves the look of his defense at this point in training camp.
- Calais Campbell, AZ Cardinals DE - Thursday August 21Calais talks about the state of the Cardinals defense.