Report: NFL has not decided to expand playoffs
The way things worked out, even an 11th win would not have been enough. Over the last few days, word has come out that the NFL is possibly looking into changing the playoffs format to allow an extra team from each conference to be a Wild Card, which is the type of format that would have gotten the Cardinals into the postseason this year.
Of course, any such change would not help for this season, but regardless, according to NFL.com's Marc Sessler no decision has been made yet.
A league spokesman told NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport on Monday that "no such decision" has been made about adding a wild-card team to each conference.
"It would require a vote of the clubs and it has not yet been taken up with them," the spokesman said.
The NFL may also look into the idea of reseeding the playoff teams.
- How the West Was Won - Week 1
- ESPN: Arizona Cardinals' offense will offset losses on defense, lead team to a winning record
- Cardinals awarded waiver claim on OLB Thomas Keiser, waive rookie WR Walt Powell
- Bauman, Golden, Sopoaga, Hardy among Arizona Cardinals' final roster cuts
- Despite interest from Cardinals, linebacker James Harrison retires
- Darren Urban - azcardinals.com - Friday August 29Darren Urban breaks down the latest surrounding the Cardinals' impending roster moves
- Bickley Blast - Friday August 29The Arizona Cardinals and San Diego Chargers played one of the most pointless games in NFL history l
- Bickley Blast - Thursday August 28Which Valley football team will win more games this season, the Cardinals or the Sun Devils?
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Dave Pasch - Cardinals commentator - Tuesday August 26Dave Pasch thinks Michael Floyd is a number one receiving target.