Karlos Dansby the 'Most Valuable Acquisition'
Dansby produced a banner year, and it led former sports agent Joel Corry to name him the Most Valuable Acquisition in the NFL this year.
The Cardinals got more than their money's worth from Dansby. He spent two months on the street before signing a one-year, $2.25 million deal (worth a maximum of $3 million through incentives) because of Daryl Washington's four-game suspension for violating the NFL's substance abuse policy. Dansby, who was entering the fourth year of a five-year, $42.5 million contract (including $22 million guaranteed) with the Miami Dolphins, was deemed expendable due to Dannell Ellerbe's free-agent signing. He responded with the best season of his career while helping transform the Cardinals into the NFL's best run defense after ranking 28th in 2012. The 32 year old finished tied for third in the NFL in solo tackles with 114 and tied for sixth with 19 passes defensed. Dansby led NFL inside linebackers with 6.5 sacks and tied for first at the position with four interceptions. He returned two of his interceptions for touchdowns.
Dansby is set to become a free agent and it is possible he will not return to the Cardinals. But if this was it for him in Arizona, he certainly went out with a bang.
- With Jared Veldheer signing, Steve Keim has done it again
- Numbers say Jared Veldheer is a big pickup for the Arizona Cardinals
- Team broadcaster 'mystified' that Raiders let Jared Veldheer go to Arizona Cardinals
- Arizona Cardinals benefit from the Carson Palmer effect
- It's official: Arizona Cardinals re-sign trio of players, release Daryn Colledge
- Tom Flores, Oakland Raiders radio color commentator - Tuesday March 11Tom Flores discusses Cardinals signing of left tackle Jared Veldheer.
- Mike Sando, ESPN NFL insider - Tuesday March 11Is Jim Harbaugh still welcome in San Francisco?
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Sports Cardinals beat writer - Monday March 10Kent Somers talks all things Cardinals free agency.
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Sports Cardinals beat writer - Thursday March 6Kent Somers discusses the Cardinals' efforts to sign Karlos Dansby.
- Pete Prisco, CBSSports.com NFL writer - Thursday March 6Pete Prisco of CBS Sports discusses the NFL offseason and the NFL draft.