Karlos Dansby the 'Most Valuable Acquisition'
Dansby produced a banner year, and it led former sports agent Joel Corry to name him the Most Valuable Acquisition in the NFL this year.
The Cardinals got more than their money's worth from Dansby. He spent two months on the street before signing a one-year, $2.25 million deal (worth a maximum of $3 million through incentives) because of Daryl Washington's four-game suspension for violating the NFL's substance abuse policy. Dansby, who was entering the fourth year of a five-year, $42.5 million contract (including $22 million guaranteed) with the Miami Dolphins, was deemed expendable due to Dannell Ellerbe's free-agent signing. He responded with the best season of his career while helping transform the Cardinals into the NFL's best run defense after ranking 28th in 2012. The 32 year old finished tied for third in the NFL in solo tackles with 114 and tied for sixth with 19 passes defensed. Dansby led NFL inside linebackers with 6.5 sacks and tied for first at the position with four interceptions. He returned two of his interceptions for touchdowns.
Dansby is set to become a free agent and it is possible he will not return to the Cardinals. But if this was it for him in Arizona, he certainly went out with a bang.
- Rookie QB Logan Thomas largely ineffective in Cardinals preseason finale
- Cardinals WRs Brown, Golden and Powell fail to make case in final preseason game
- NFL.com predicts a couple of Arizona Cardinals will win awards
- Report: Arizona Cardinals negotiating contract with James Harrison
- Cardinals vs. Chargers preview: Final chance to make an impression
- Bickley Blast - Thursday August 28Which Valley football team will win more games this season, the Cardinals or the Sun Devils?
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Dave Pasch - Cardinals commentator - Tuesday August 26Dave Pasch thinks Michael Floyd is a number one receiving target.
- Mike Sando, ESPN NFL Insider - Tuesday August 26Mike Sando takes us inside the NFL headlines.
- Who impressed/Who depressed - Monday August 25Vince praises Arizona's newest football dynasty.