Updated Dec 30, 2013 - 6:24 pm
Report: Browns, Vikings, Lions request permission to interview Arizona Cardinals DC Todd Bowles
The Browns dismissed head coach Rob Chudzinski Monday morning.
ESPN's Adam Schefter tweeted Monday evening that the Minnesota Vikings have also asked to interview Bowles for their head coaching vacancy.
NFL.com writer Albert Breer said on Twitter that the Cardinals also received a call from the Detroit Lions regarding the Cardinals defensive coach.
Bowles figures to be an oft-mentioned candidate after the way the Cardinals' defense played in 2013, his first year with the team. Arizona ranked first in the NFL against the run and sixth in total defense. They were among the NFL's best in sacks and takeaways.
"I know Todd is going to get interviews, and rightfully so," Cardinals coach Bruce Arians said Monday, before news of the Browns' interest leaked.
In all, five head coaches were fired Monday, with Chudzinksi being joined by Detroit's Jim Schwartz, Tampa Bay's Greg Schiano, Washington's Mike Shanahan and Minnesota's Leslie Frazier, and there's still the possibility more jobs will open in the coming days and weeks.
So for now, it's probably best to assume this won't be the last time we hear Bowles' name linked to a different job.
- How the West Was Won - Week 1
- ESPN: Arizona Cardinals' offense will offset losses on defense, lead team to a winning record
- Cardinals awarded waiver claim on OLB Thomas Keiser, waive rookie WR Walt Powell
- Bauman, Golden, Sopoaga, Hardy among Arizona Cardinals' final roster cuts
- Despite interest from Cardinals, linebacker James Harrison retires
- Darren Urban - azcardinals.com - Friday August 29Darren Urban breaks down the latest surrounding the Cardinals' impending roster moves
- Bickley Blast - Friday August 29The Arizona Cardinals and San Diego Chargers played one of the most pointless games in NFL history l
- Bickley Blast - Thursday August 28Which Valley football team will win more games this season, the Cardinals or the Sun Devils?
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Dave Pasch - Cardinals commentator - Tuesday August 26Dave Pasch thinks Michael Floyd is a number one receiving target.