Updated Dec 30, 2013 - 8:37 am
Cardinals QB Palmer 1st to reach 4,000 yards with three teams
The 11-year veteran reached the mark with the Cincinnati Bengals in 2006 and 2007, and also did it with the Raiders in 2012. His 4,274 yards this season were a career high, as were his 22 interceptions and 41 sacks. The former first-round pick out of USC threw for 407 yards and two touchdowns in the Cardinals' 23-20 loss to the San Francisco 49ers Sunday.
"Personal [milestones] are always nice, but I wasn't thinking about it," Palmer said. "It wasn't one of my personal goals. I wasn't worried about it, I was thinking about wins and losses."
Cardinals head coach Bruce Arians said this season was a testament to Palmer's resiliency and toughness, as he battled through ankle and elbow injuries as well as a slow start to the season.
"He's as resilient a guy … I can't say enough about how tough he is mentally," Arians said. "You know something good's going to happen eventually, because he's gonna keep slinging it in there."
- Rashard Mendenhall to retire, teams told
- Daryn Colledge tweets of his release from Cardinals
- Fox Sports NFL insider: 'Player's coach' Arians makes Arizona Cardinals a prime destination
- ESPN writer: John Carlson signing risky for Cardinals, but worth the reward
- Darnell Dockett tweets that Branden Albert is 'new teammate'
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Sports Cardinals beat writer - Thursday March 6Kent Somers discusses the Cardinals' efforts to sign Karlos Dansby.
- Pete Prisco, CBSSports.com NFL writer - Thursday March 6Pete Prisco of CBS Sports discusses the NFL offseason and the NFL draft.
- Jay Feely, Cardinals kicker - Thursday March 6Would a change to the extra point actually hinder player safety?
- Dave Pasch, ESPN play-by-play announcer - Tuesday March 4Dave Pasch, ESPN play-by-play announcer, discusses UA and ASU basketball.
- It's Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Monday March 3Get off Paul's Lawn!