Updated Dec 30, 2013 - 8:37 am
Cardinals QB Palmer 1st to reach 4,000 yards with three teams
The 11-year veteran reached the mark with the Cincinnati Bengals in 2006 and 2007, and also did it with the Raiders in 2012. His 4,274 yards this season were a career high, as were his 22 interceptions and 41 sacks. The former first-round pick out of USC threw for 407 yards and two touchdowns in the Cardinals' 23-20 loss to the San Francisco 49ers Sunday.
"Personal [milestones] are always nice, but I wasn't thinking about it," Palmer said. "It wasn't one of my personal goals. I wasn't worried about it, I was thinking about wins and losses."
Cardinals head coach Bruce Arians said this season was a testament to Palmer's resiliency and toughness, as he battled through ankle and elbow injuries as well as a slow start to the season.
"He's as resilient a guy … I can't say enough about how tough he is mentally," Arians said. "You know something good's going to happen eventually, because he's gonna keep slinging it in there."
- Patrick Peterson's new contract compared to other top NFL cornerbacks
- Notes from the Nest: July 29, 2014
- Arizona Cardinals, Patrick Peterson agree on extension
- Arizona Cardinals' Deone Bucannon supplies the highlight of Tuesday's practice
- Arizona Cardinals RB Stepfan Taylor 'expecting more of a role' in 2014
- Justin Bethel, Cardinals cornerback - Tuesday July 29Justin Bethel discusses his role on special teams and how training camp has gone so far.
- Pete Prisco, Senior NFL Columnist - Tuesday July 29Senior NFL columnist for CBS Pete Prisco shares his thoughts on how the Cardinals stack against othe
- Stepfan Taylor, Cardinals running back - Tuesday July 29Cardinals running back Stepfan Taylor talks training camp and his expanded role on offense.
- Lorenzo Alexander- Cardinals linebacker - Monday July 28Lorenzo Alexander gives his take on replacing Daryl Washington and praises former teammate London Fl
- Darren Urban, Arizona Cardinals reporter - Monday July 28Cardinals reporter Darren Urban discusses team improvements and which player he thinks will have a b