Three Arizona Cardinals named Pro Bowlers
Linebacker John Abraham, cornerback Patrick Peterson and special teams ace Justin Bethel will all be participating in the annual Pro Bowl January 26 in Honolulu.
Peterson is making his third Pro Bowl appearance in as many years in the league, and his second as a cornerback. The former LSU star has 40 total tackles, three interceptions and 16 passes defended.
Abraham, who signed with the Cardinals back in July, has 35 tackles and 11.5 sacks on the season, including three multi-sack performances. For the 14-year pro, it will be his fifth appearance in the Pro Bowl.
Bethel, a second-year pro out of Presbyterian, is making his first Pro Bowl appearance. The 23-year-old has excelled in special teams, primarily as a gunner on punt coverage.
All three players are eligible for the Pro Bowl draft, a new format for the NFL's version of the All-Star Game. Instead of their being squads comprised of NFC and AFC stars, players will be drafted in a schoolyard-style draft with Hall of Famers Jerry Rice and Deion Sanders serving as captains.
Wide receiver Larry Fitzgerald, defensive end Calais Campbell, defensive tackle Darnell Dockett and Daryl Washington were named alternates.
- Cardinals' Dockett: Peterson will 'definitely be a future Hall of Famer'
- Former Cardinals quarterback Kurt Warner thankful for patience of fans, organization
- Notes from the Nest: July 30, 2014
- Arizona Cardinals to host Fan Fest this weekend
- All-Access with Bruce Arians: Extra points experiment will be fun, may add excitement
- Paul Fanaika, Arizona Cardinals offensive guard - Wednesday July 30The Arizona Cardinals’ offensive guard Paul Fanaika joins the show to discuss training camp.
- Kurt Warner, NFL Network analyst - Wednesday July 30NFL Network analyst Kurt Warner discusses Arizona Cardinals' training camp.
- Patrick Peterson, Arizona Cardinals cornerback - Wednesday July 30Arizona Cardinals' defensive cornerback Patrick Peterson discusses his new contract extension.
- Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Wednesday July 30Johnny Manziel struggles in practice.
- Pete Prisco- CBS NFL Analyst - Wednesday July 30Pete Prisco talks about the top cornerbacks in the NFL.